Advice on a Place to Stay at the Coast

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by WylieCat, May 29, 2007.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Anyone have any recomendations on a nice condo or beach house along the SC coast for a family vacation later this month?

I am trying to avoid staying directly in Myrtle Beach. :crazy:

Thanks for the input!!!! :big_smile:

2. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    Chesterfield South Carolina
    If you don't mind sitting through a 2hr timeshare pitch those are cheap ways to get a nice weekend condo. We have one for the weekend of July 14th a 2 night stay with show tickets and dinner meal for $69. If you let it come through from the start that you are not interested they aren't that pushy. We made out great in Vegas going to a timeshare presentation every morning and taking cash and free buffets in place of the show tickets.

3. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    The Little River area is alot less crowded than Myrtle Beach and you can be in North Myrtle in a flash from Little River. You gonna want to bring your boat because the ICW is full of flatheads and the meanest blues you will ever hook especially behind Barefoot landing.Wonder what your wife would say to that? I know what mine would say. :lol: ​

4. Skipper

Skipper New Member

State:
    S.C.
    I like edisto island. Checkout the edisto realty or the atwood agency. Plenty of places to fish from shore or by boat. Laid back family beach w/ no crowds and no highrises.

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I reckon it depends on what activities you are loking to do but I would reccomened the pauleys island murrels inlet area.

6. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    chrisblue we are thinking about South Carolina coast for about 3 days in mid august. Taking both my daughters and my stepson, if it was just my wife and I she would be all for the cat fishing. Thanks for the info maybe we can come back at a later date and bring my boat.

7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks for all the input!!!! :big_smile:

8. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats New Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    The weather is HOT & HUMID in August!!!