Advice Needed About DK Punch bait!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by jdstraka, Aug 3, 2006.

1. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi Everyone I just returned from the lake and tried out DK punch bait original which I just recived in the mail yeasterday. Just coulden't wait. anyway I baited one setup with a slipsinker rig and fished it on the bottom, and the other rod I used slinp bank sinker with a 15in. leader with a small pencil bobber to hold it of the bottom just a little. now I diden't catch anything which dosen't concern me because i was fishing next to the boat ramp and there was alot of activity. But I was wondering if the set was right or not? I was useing a #4 trebble hook as recomended and it shure stayed on the hooh well. Thanks J.D.Straka :smile2:

2. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I've fished it on the bottom, under a bobber, with a bobber after the weight, etc.. as far as "working" its all the same.. Its however you want to present it to them or the depth you want to fish it.. As long as there is a tad bit of bait on the hook, they'll hit it.. Least thats been my experience with it so far.
    Me and my fishing partner are loong time Sonny's users, he likes the DK ALOT better..
    I just picked up 3 more jars. Orig, Blood, and Garlic..Hope to try em side by side soon :wink:

3. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I put it under a slip bobber with a plain, #4 treble and got lots of bites. I don't think I'll be using a lot of DK's, though, since my dad wasn't thrilled with the smell of his truck!

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

sounds like either should work. I am going sunday and monday and tuesday I will be comparing hawg wild and DK side by side for my own comparison and I will be trying both the way you described. I will let you know how each on worked for me each way.

5. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Put some 1/0 or 2/0 hooks on there and chunk some golf -ball sized baits at e'm..get around some brush or open flats you'll have far better sucess:tounge_out:

6. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    I like to get mine a little runnier, about the same consistently as syrup and use a Looper Rig to hold the bait and I also use a khale hook. You can thin it down with vegetable oil or water or by letting it get pretty warm.

ST

7. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thanks SeedTic I will give it a try. Your friend J.D Straka :big_smile: