Advice for buying weight scale

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by stumpjumper, Oct 23, 2007.

1. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    I am looking to purchase a 100 lb. scale. Does anyone have any advice or experience on which brand names and/or types (digital or spring) seem to work the best for both accuracy and durability? Thanks

2. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.

3. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Marc,
    I just bought 2 from Cabelas both are spring style , no batteries. One will only go to 20 lbs, it is in 1/2 lbs units. The other is a 150 lbs spring scale, and its in 2 lb. units. The main thing I doint like on the small one is the hook spins around to easy ( needs to not turn) and the hooks are blunt I sharpened them ,and this makes it better. If you get any of thease please take time to make sure you know how to do the fine tuning, its easy but also easy to forget. But I am old and always forget.
    Good luck
    Paul

4. Katfishing Cajun

Katfishing Cajun New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I'm with Patrick, the Coffey scales are very nice I have the 110lb, built in blue background light, a temp reading, and it can be easily calibrated to weigh the fish in the net. Just a great scale. Good luck brother.:big_smile:

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I have one of the Coffee Marketing 220 pound digital scales. No complaints, its a very good scale.

6. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Ditto on the coffey marketing scale. If you're gonna get one, shop ebay first. I beat the "boc special" by half on ebay, and got a new scale.

7. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Coffey 110 user.