Advice about where to go to catch fish this spring break.

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by Angler4life, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Angler4life

Angler4life New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I'm a college student and every spring break my dad and I take a fishing trip somewhere. I've been to Lake Cumberland for stripers, Dale Hollow for smallmouth, and the James River for Blues. I'm debating whether or not to go back to the James River this spring break or try something new. I was wondering about trying some crappie fishing or walleye fishing in Tennesse or a nearby state if the time is right. My spring break trip would be during the first week of March, so it will still be cold and that's why I have to go south. I just need to go somewhere that I can find some good fish. Do you have any advice about what to fish for, where, and what bodies of water? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Puddin Head

Puddin Head New Member

State:
    Grenada Lake, Ms
    Hey, My suggestion would be in Mississippi, If you want a lot of crappie fish Sardis Lake of I-55. If you want huge crappie Grenada Lake, Also on I-55 on down below Sardis.
    I guide for crappie on Grenada Lake, And I don't think the first week of March would be the best time to come, Maybe the first or second week in April would be prime spawn fishing.
    My biggest crappie is 3 3/4 pound and I've caught about 6- 3 1/2 pound crappie. There are for sure in there, But April would be your best chance to get a 3 pounder.
    If you decide to fish Grenada Lake let me know and I will point you in the right area's to fish.
    Good Luck And Good Fishing......Gary Meadors aka--Puddin Head