Adventures on the Upper James

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by mountiancat, Jul 29, 2006.

1. mountiancat

mountiancat New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Well, if ya'll know me ya know this should always be an interesting thread.

Anyway, not much to report tonight, I caught 3... a blue topping the scales at bout 7, a flattie, bout 4 and one that almost doesn't deserve a mention other than the fact that he swims another day to be caught when he grows up.........:embarassed:

My freezer is empty because of my recent lapse in fishing, something I really didn't like. But I put a couple in there tonight. I managed to pull off a skunk on the whole boat, not something that happens very often......HEHE

Jesse (Gumripper), his boy Josh and buddy Shawn and I took out tonight and tried our luck around the mill in Big Island tonight. I caught the first two at the first hole we hit, the baby showed up at the second.
    We only tried our two sweet spots tonight, so it musta been kinda slow.

Tommorow is another story............after I do chores, yes I still have chores...., doesn't everyone?????:confused2: Me and Jesse are going to ride a bit and try to find a new camping spot and fishing hole. We found a new place to bank fish a couple of weeks ago and are trying to find something close to there, but if we don't we know that spot is there...
    Tommorrows report will let ya know!!!!!!!!!!! see ya then....

2. mountiancat

mountiancat New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Update on that ride around......Zilch. We rode and rode and still didn't find anything really. After some brief disagreement, we proved to Jesse that the ramp we thought accessed that area was actually that ramp. By the time we were done riding, we were stuck without a fishing hole. There was a fella at that new spot and he didn't seem to enthusied about sharing some bank, so we rode on to an old spot that's never really produced anything. Once again, it didn't Sat. nite either. So stay tuned.