Adventures of Turtle Creek, And does the Black Cloud follow a name?

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by whiteriverbigcats, Oct 13, 2009.

1. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well you all wanted a story so a story you shall get.

( NOTE: All the names of the Victims have been changed for the safty and well being of their remaining family members:crazy: )

Well it started off gloomy and very wet and windy.. I was notified by Metalman ( Winston ) that his departure plans had been delayed by about an hour so I was able to get more done then previously thought..
    Well I met up with Winston at Meijer and we were off on our trip. We Talked to WabashRiverBear ( Barry ) a few times to make sure we had the best route to take to the Resv. So after a decent drive and some long conversations me and Winston arrive at TC. We see Barry and josh standing in full rain gear and und under a pop-up tent questioning themselves if the should brave the wind and rain and start fishing..
    We then made contact with Team Bravo our scouts. LOL It consisted of Skippie2Use, DrPepper and Skippie's boy ) Shane, Bill and Evan. They pull up and Shane is in a T-shirt and shorts, Bills bundled up in his Onesie!! ( HAHAHA:smile2:)Evan's in hoodie and swishy pants. Shane claimed he was warm blooded.. Haha that showed him! LOL. After The reports from Shane and bill we all looked for answer with the Channel Cat Slayer Evan. But after I was introduced he seemed a little weary of me. makes me wonder what his dad really says about me...LOL.

Well we then decided to head down to the shelter house at the Merom Boat Ramp. We did alot of BSing and ate dinner. ( Hot Dogs, Beans, BBQ Chips and Pretzels ) Well while dinner was being cooked up we continued BSing and Steve ( Steve ) and ShadMan ( Justin ) show up.. I then noticed Bill just wondering around and the next thing he says is " Theres womens panties shoved in the roof " LOL.. hahaha Shane goes to investigate but it appeared to be a shirt.. Well you would think that would have stopped Bill from quest to find the " Mighty Whatever " But no!! It didnt end there did it? He goes to what appears to be a closet and begins to pick up an object..LOL ( I laughing hard right now so expect some typo's ) Well he picks up this object and gets it within a foot of his face while reading markings on it when he discovers its a pair of MENS UNDERWEAR!!!! I beleive he said they were HANES!! When they hit the floor it sounded like he dropped a 5oz. sinker!!!:smile2:
    Well he then decided it was best to leave things be, that was untill I caught him eating pretzels directly off the picnic table that had the names of two individuals that had used that area of the picnic table for some 1on1 Advanced Cardio.. If you know what I mean!:eek:oooh:

Well not long after that we had some company. A pickup pulls down right in front of the shelter house and then floors it!! They send rocks and debris all over and come within a few feet of Barry's truck, and the they proceed to do a dounut within a foot of Shanes boat trailer witch is attatched to his van witch has his 12yr old son sleeping in the back of it!:crazy: Well the truck then spins and slides all over sending rocks all over every single truck and boat and a couple of times we thought they could have taken out our whole fleet.. Justin beleived it to be a dark Chevy Colorado pickup, and i niticed it had no tail-gate. But as he approched our awaiting group at 60mph I contemplated jumping on the truck but instead tripped over Shanes feet and threw my BRAND NEW little aluminum flash light at it with as much force as possible.. I couldnt find it so it must have hit its mark..
    Well thats all it took for us to start heading back to TC. As we made our way back my eyes were like a Peregrine Falcon looking for this truck.. But they had manage to elude this " Great White Hunter " aka " The Worlds Greatest Catfisherman ".

We then get to TC again and begin to check out the photos of Flatties and Blues in the gaurd shack.. They have some NICE FISH there in Turtle Creek..
    Well we then desided it would be best to sleep till morning in the trucks and then head out. So as Shane, Bill and Evan began to pack up to head out we Noticed that Shane passenger side tire on the boat trailer was mighty low.. He claimed it would be " Just Fine ". But the proof is in my phone that it wasnt.. I had a missed call and voicemail from 1:50am that the tire had blew and they had no spare, no jack, no tools to fix it!! Well the bad part was i didnt recieve the message till I woke up around 7:57am or so.. I tried to establish contact but got nothing so I comensed to getting things ready for a day of fishing.

Me and Winston started out catching bait. But boy was that a task!! Nothing was to be had for the first 1 1/2.. then we started finding baby shad in the northern part of the lake.. Well we set up and caught some channels with shrimp and then headed back down to the southern part of the lake for Bluegills but nothing.. So i decided to break some rules and go get some bait where i knew there would be bait and came back with gill, rock bass,sunfish, crappie and some bigger shad.

Winston and I then headed in for some dinner and then set out to mack some Flatties.. We surveyed the area and decided to go a little further back in to the area that was already in use by Barry and Josh. I noticed alot of nice flattie area and Winton did too so we decided to anchor down and set up for the night.. We were about a football feild lengths away from Barry and Josh so with the four of us the Flatties had to chance.. I was catching channels on live baby shad but i didnt want to scare away flatties so I changed up to live and caught another channel..As we waited i began so see the flash of barry's camera and was getting bummed but not broken.... Well around 10:30 or so is when I noticed to much activity from my ( ALMOST ) 1lb bluegill and when I picked up the rod I knew it was a fish.. He had me in a mess of sumerged timber and I fought him out with my Mighty Quantum BigCat rod...After getting the hook back and the fish safely CPR'd I told my Bluegill ( The one that had caught the fish ) that he was going out againg to get me another... Well after that fish everything slowed down a bit bit and with the soft snoring from Winston I decided to catch a few zzzzzz's of my own.. As cold as it was we did manage to sleep.. Well I woke about and hour and a half later and Barry was gone and Winston was ready to call it quits as was I because it had began getting windy and colder.. The temp was 40* and with a 17mph wind.. Ya not comfy at all..
    As we bagan to reel in I noticed my channel cat rod was extreamly tightlines and picked it up.. instantly the fish took off... My channel cat rod and reel are very light weight and it only has 14# mono on it.. well I fought the fish for a few mintutes untill he got caught up in the anchor rope and broke the hook off... I then begin reeling in another pole when I had realized it was snagged.. I began trying to break the line when all of a sudden the tree broke and the fight was on.. Another fish on the same 1lb Bluegill.. I wreastle him up out of the trees and again winston lips the fish and his in the boat.. 21.8 was his weight.. It was nice to have caught some nice fish.. Well on the way in the spray from the water was very cold but we had to go thru it.. We said out goodbyes to Barry and Josh and we proceeded home.. We then had to make a stop at a pilot truck stop for some needed rest for about 1 1/2. Then it was off for home..

See Shane has his own Black Cloud!! Its not just me.. Unless we confused MY Black Cloud and he decided to follow us both???:wink:

It was nice meeting the new faces and hanging out with the old ones.
    Winston thank you for changing your plans to make room for me and for the awsome ideas for my boat..
    Thanks to Barry for putting it together. I know it was ideal weather but I still had a fun time..

And to Flootie16.. Thanks for the entertainment!!!!:smile2::smile2:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  2. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Sorry it wasnt as funny as most.. but the image of Bill holding that pair of MENS UNDERWEAR has me LMAO!!!!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

3. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yep, sounds pretty accurate to me. Glad you got to come over Shane, you and DP need to come more often, it really aint that far. Hopefully I can get you guys out on the river next time for a blue/flatty combo.

4. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Blue/Flattie Combo!! Where do I sign up!! I really liked that lake... I really like the fact it stays warm all year round..

5. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    October 15th they shut down the overnight fishing and switch to their winter hours, then they close the lake at 9:00 pm. :sad2:

6. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I did have a spair, I just didnt have 2 spairs.

7. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    When do they open the gates in the mornings bear?

8. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Oh they told me they shut it down at 10pm after the 15th... But I bet you can catch flatties all day there...

9. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    oh.. Ok, concider that a typo! LOL:smile2:

10. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    Not real sure Bill, but I will find out.

11. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Yeah, definitly need to try for them again here soon...:big_smile:

12. PrittyKitty

PrittyKitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    wow... Bill... mens underware... ROFL...

13. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    So Bill when are we going back:big_smile:

14. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    ASAP man- before it get too much colder.

15. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    SWEET!!!! You have to be able to catch them all day long.. theres just to much timber not too

16. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    if you guys go during the week let me know a few days in advance and i can meet you up there with my big boat and all 3 of us can fish out of it... we can use the side imaging to find were the super hogs hide!!

17. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sounds like a plan biga, I'm in!

18. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Hell yeah!!! If it can be a tuesday or wednesday that would be awsome adam. Im in too

19. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    What happened to ya on Saturday.....did you go to Chuckie Cheese instead???
    ...W

20. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i sure wish...... sat in the er with the wife for 14 hrs.... she had som complications from a surgery she had last week and couldnt even keep a drink of water down so she got really dehydrated... :eek:oooh: