Adopt A Troop Challenge!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by kkyyoottee, Sep 7, 2007.

1. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    This morning reading the paper I read some of these young men and women are headed back to Iraq for 2nd and 3rd tours!!! Most of these young people are probably outdoor enthusists. So I challenge all 14,000 members of this brother/sister hood to adopt a troop and send them a card or letter once a month!!! Enclose pictures from your fishing or hunting trip. Maybe it will cheer them up or bring them a smile or just give them some away time from the 24-7 hell they must endure for freedom. So members step up no matter what your feelings or political views are!!! Maybe other outdoor groups will take notice and all of our troops will get a card or letter each month!!!

Thanks Will

2. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    will i think that is a great idea!!!

i already send "dirty" carepackeges to my younger brother and some of my lifer friends in the corps.

"dirty" you know ciggs, magazines, pics from home. get your minds outa the gutter! lol!

3. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Where do you find all these adoptees.?

4. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    its hard for me to believe you dont know anyone at least through a 3rd party that hasnt been or isnt going overseas. but just in case try the internet-your local VFW- or american legion posts. Also just to hook up my homie's. USMC -- 3/4 India co. mortars plt. could always use some goodies. i'll try to remember to bring some diff. addy's i already have mon. to post.

isnt the founder of the catfishing brotherhood feast over there? you could always try pm to Paul the commando

5. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Go to the thread we already have ;BOC SOLDIERS FIGHTING OVERSEAS and you can get some links to the troops overseas.My son again thanks everyone on the BOC for all their support and he tells me his soldiers get so much mail and packaged support that they feel bad they cant answer all the letters or personally thank everyone in the country that has sent expressions of support.I hope Tonys son in Afghanistan has the same problems.:big_smile:

6. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    if you would like to send care packages let me know. i have many of my junior marines, and friends overseas right now. i can get you an adress where you can send it to them. and believe me, there is nothing better than sitting in the middle of the arabian desert and seeing a crate of care packages show up. Mail time out there is the best, but sometimes it can be the worse time of the deployment. Or if you dont want to send it yourself, you can send it to me, and i will make sure it finds its way to the right people. just PM me and i will take care of it.

SSgt Walsh
    USMC
    MALS-13 Quality Assurance/Ordnance

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Great post! I'll definitely send a few cards at least! Thanks!!! :big_smile:

8. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Lets make sure that people who step up to the plate have addressess!!! Your local recruiters and Reservists can also point you in right direction!!! I think some great things can come out of this and maybe making some life long friends!!

Will

9. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Great post Will, My family and I have "adopted" soldiers for the past 2 years and they are stationed at camp vic, and well my little girl and them fellas have been trading pics and stories for that time, they had a problem here a bit back they were telling us about getting enough time on Saturday afternoon that some of the fellas would fish one of "Sadams" lakes while the others were "spotting" for them.... they were running out of equipment, so since that was right up our alley we started sending tackle and line few other sent them rods/reels, after about 3 months we received a letter back asking to please put some of the items on hold as they had way to much at the time!....LOL, So I can only imagine what their "tackle" box looks like know :roll_eyes:, we have pics of the fellas fishing and with some Crazy looking fish they have named Sadam Bass...LOL any way Your Idea is great and every single person in this country should be sending at least a card!
    knowing someone is not the issue we knew none of the fellas but now, it's like they are family.

10. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    it is a good ideal. Been taking care of that since day one.
    I've had family and/or friends there since the beginning.
    Got family there now.
    BOC is/has been there from beginning.

11. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa