Adkins Landing

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Shrimp Man, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I had the chance to take my two grandsons fishing today, since I live in Charleston I usually launch at Adkins. We got there about 10:am, since our fishing license are about to expire I thought I would buy all of our 08/09 license and get our bait. I was really surprised to find out that Atkins is no longer caring SC fishing license, also the bait shed is being repaired due to a hit from a water spout hitting the building, So we tried catching a few small bream, we didnt get a bite, so we rode across the lake to blacks and bought bait, Then we tried to catch bream in the canal still no bites, So we took our herring and a few shrimp and went back into Moultrie, It was a hot day, water temp was showing 85 degrees, we started a drive in 25ft. My grandson had a great day with only two fish caught, the first a 3 lb. blue and a 35lb. blue, this is by far there PB. and are still very excited, them we anchored a jumped in to cool off for about an hour before heading home. So all in all a good day on the water.:big_smile:

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    The day turned out pretty good, then, for one that could have really been sour. Glad for your grandson's opportunity to catch such a nice fish. My hat's off to you for your effort, Eddie.
    I've found that on the rare occasions I need anything from Atkins, it's best to call them ahead of time. I often drive up to Black's or Ned's to get bait anyway, because I know they will likely have it, even when I launch from the Bonneau area.
    BTW, Eddie: anyone that fishes or hunts in South Carolina can go online to the SCDNR website and purchase or renew those licenses, in most cases. Fast and convenient! I've already received mine in the mail, and even the shrimp baiting permit has been ordered.

3. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Tommy,
    Thanks for the bait and license help. These two boys had a great time, I feel it's very important that we stop our busy schedule just for a day and take a child fishing, If they never go again they will always remember that great day spent fishing with the person they love and look up to.