Adjustable depth jugs

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by Eddie Mullins, May 26, 2009.

1. Eddie Mullins

Eddie Mullins New Member

State:
    AR
    When running jugs we usually have them set around 4 - 6ft. Some a little longer and some shorter. We free float (at least currently thats all we do) with foam noodles. I often fish shallow areas around structure but would like to be able to vary the depth on some of these.

Does anybody have a good method for rigging jugs where you can adjust the depth back and forth easily?

I have thought about tie a yoyo on a couple, extra expense, but should work.

2. sheldonc

sheldonc New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I am short on time right now, but if you scroll through the member library
    there is pictures of a noodle in there that uses a couple of eye screws into the pvc cap. One screw is used to fasten the line to. Wrap the line around the pvc. Once you set the depth you poke the line through the
    other eye screw and it keeps it from unraveling.

It is pretty clever little diagram. This is the way I make all of my noodles.
    For a quick fix you can always do a half hitch around the end of your jug or noodle.

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Yes buy our jug kits they have a spool that allows you to adjust the depth and store the line on also.
    PEte

4. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    They work like a charm!

5. Eddie Mullins

Eddie Mullins New Member

State:
    AR
    Well I have started construction on my noodles and am using the two eye screw method. I went with the jumbo noodles and 1 inch pvc pipe.