Adding rubber to limblines - Rubber Rig It

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Catmaster, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I know that some limbliners out there dont have alot of flexable limbs hanging over their river (My River at Times of the Year). Most of you use bank poles because of this. The only problem is that when the fish pulls the line nothing is there to pull back. This is when I use about a 5-10" piece of rubber, very stretch yet very strong. So when the fish pulls the line it stretches the rubber which kicks the line back, setting the hook.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
    :0a26:

2. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    I picked up a bag of HUGE rubber bands from Office Depot. They are about 6 inches long and about 3/4 inch wide. On a solid piece of line I tie to one side and about a foot down the line I tie to the other side. That way if the rubber band breaks on a huge fish the line is still intact.

You can take an old innertube and cut rings to do the same thing.

3. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Catmaster, I use heavy duty truck innertubes on all of my loglines. I have not tried them on bankpoles. I am using 1/2 fiberglass poles for bankpoles and they are super limber. I really don't think I would need them on my bankpoles. The innertubes work great on loglines