Adding gauges on a 2005 Johnson 115 2stroke

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Big Dav, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone could help me out on this. I am going to be adding several gauges to my boat and I need some help. I think I remember the tach source wire is gray and ignition (accessory) is purple. Correct? I am installing Speedometer, Tachometer, Water Pressure, Volt gauge and Trim gauge. I think I am pretty sure on everything except the trim gauge. I have never installed a trim gauge on any of my boats before. This boat has a jack plate and I figured a trim gauge might be useful. The boat already has the status (four led) gauge in the dash and a fuel guage. That is all the gauges the boat came with.
    My question is what color wires do I need to look for in the wiring harness for the trim gauge? Am I correct on the Gray wire for tach and the purple for ignition (accessory)? Any information on installing any of the other listed gauges? Is there some where on line I can order a manual for this motor? What about a source for the wiring code?
    Thanks in advance for the help,
    David
    [​IMG]

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho

3. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Thanks for the reply and link. I did a search before I posted but I will continue to search.
    I found two sets of wires under the dash that were taped up. One group of three are not connected to anything and the colors are gray (tach ??), purple, black. The second group of three are purple, black, and white with a dark tan or brown strip. Are these the wires for gauges?
    I am just wanting to make 100% before I do something wrong.

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    The purple wire is the hot wire when the switch is on and the black is likely a ground. The rest I will have to look up.