Addiction and intervention

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ncfowler, May 22, 2007.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    i am addicted, i admit to it, i can't wait till my next fix. I'm always looking for stuff and spend all my money on the stuff as well, some of the stuff is good some not so good. then i look for a place to use the stuff, some places are not real nice to be in while others are fantastic. i will stay out all night using my stuff and most days not doing my chores at home. I think about my next fix at work and can't wait till i can get off and get my stuff and get my fix. My wife does understand my addiction and how it affects my life, she even send me out to get a fix so not to drive every one up the wall. this addiction is not drugs but it has the same stimulation. of coarse i talking about catfishing . I have other addictions too waterfowl hunting, they say the first step to a cure is admitting your addiction now if anyone can lead me to a hobby that will take my time up so i will not crave this addiction, hey wait that will just become another addiction.

2. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    We evryone has their vice, but it sounds to me that you should hang on to that one. After all if you went on the wagon what would be left to talk about on the catfish forum:tounge_out:

3. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Kat in the hat has the same addiction, that and the computer.:lol: When you find a cure let me know.

4. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Give his fishing gear to me and don't pay the light bill.:lol:

5. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

nothing wrong being addicted to fishing.... you could be addicted to stuff thats alot worse then fishing lol :lol:

6. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    like golf. Son fishing is to cigarettes as golf is to herion. That's an addicting sport. She's a cruel mistress too, boys. You put that much energy and time into her practicing and nurturing that relationship and she smacks you right in the face all afternoon. Then when you've about had enough she lets you hole out a wedge on 18 for birdie and you're right back in her silky razor bladed hands all over again.

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    PLEASE don't be giving her ideas like that!:0a19:My gear isn't all that good anyways.:lol:

8. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    She also fails to mention that I only go fishing once every two weeks, and don't spend more than an hour on the computer at a time much anymore. So :tounge_out:! Moderation is the key to keeping your addictions under control.

9. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Me too... 1 hr on the computer.. then go get a cup of coffee... then 1 hr on the computer... etc,etc...:lol:

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    We blame fate for other accidents, but we feel personally responsible when we make a hole in one.

10. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    "Much any more" meaning the last few days since I booted him off so I could have it to myself.

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Stay in a state of denial. Never admit your catfish addition. Easy out.:lol::big_smile:

12. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    LOL! It is NOT an addiction! Just a casual hobby! LMAO!:lol:

13. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i never realized how addicted i realy was till this last week.tues.nite a week ago i sliped and pulled somthing in my lower back.ive been flat of my back for a week and im going nuts lust hanging out at the house.you guys that are fishing,when you catch a nice flathead,give a toast and say this ones for you johnnie