Addicted to Catfishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by gavin310, Nov 6, 2008.

1. gavin310

gavin310 New Member

State:
    Westchester, California
    so after scott (bulldogboogers) and i's night of catfishing, i'm officially addicted. i'm already hassling him about our next trip! LOL. do you guys know if Corona Lake will continue stocking catfish all year, or will they be stopping soon?

2. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Gavin,
    Welcome to the BOC/SOC freom So.Alabama glad u hooked up with bulldogger

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Gavin,
    I have no idea buddy, (being I'm from Northern California) , I'm just glad to hear that you enjoy Catfishing & I just like to say:

":0a25: To The Dark Side" (LoL)
    :wink:
    :0a23:

4. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    YEP ALL DONE TILL NEXT YEAR :eek:oooh: STOPPED INSTALLING THE FISH A FEW WEEKS BACK:roll_eyes: but they got trout now:smile2:

5. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Gavin.... Welcome to the BOC. Ya got an inspirational buddy there with that bulldogboogers..... one problem though.... he is also "stuck" at home, and cannot venture to far from home with needs of his "Mother"... Thats real nice with all the dedication and devotion that he is doing for and showing to his Mom..... But my "new BOC member" ya got to stray away from him some, and get more fishing done in other parts of our fine state.... We have the "Deltalover" Revivial comming up in Nov. 22, and their are "get togethers" at the colorado river and other places.... Try your best to get him "out of the house", and away from Corona to experience some "new water" besides, natural fish taste so much better....:wink:

Bayrunner Ray

6. BAREFOOTFISHN

BAREFOOTFISHN New Member

State:
    SC
    I USE TO MOSTLY BASS FISH BUT ONCE I CAUGHT MY FIRST 30LB BLUE I CHANGED TO CATS AND I LOVE IT GOOD FISHING

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the BOC this site is full of good info and great people!!

8. gavin310

gavin310 New Member

State:
    Westchester, California
    Haha well see, I was fishing for catfish on my own and got skunked 7 TIMES IN A ROW, except for a 4 inch baby catfish. It's like when a shepherd rescues a lost lamb and it wants to follow him everywhere... OK maybe not like that, but that old bulldog put me on some fish and i was very thankful!! I really do want to try out the rest of what CA has to offer. I'd love to try the CO River. Are there any catfish events out there? I'd love to hitch a ride with someone from around here...

And yes, Scott is an awesome human being for helping his mom out like he does.

9. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    yea ol' bolldog is a winner. and yes catfishing is addictive along with all other fish also....crappie, bluegills,bass and trout.

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Welcome aboard & get with it it gets real bad at times(LOL)

11. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Scott,
    :crazy:
    What Bait are they getting the cats on down there? :confused2:

12. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    scott, gotta agree. i've started fishing with a guy down here in yuma on the river. he uses shrimp and catches the channels right and left seems like. i use it and may as well read a book. LOL. guess we're not holding our mouths right or something.
    gary

13. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    im sure the guys using shrimp use a dip bait, i had luck with shrimp for awhile, and i dipped them in hogwild or crushed garlic. i also like bang, its a areosol spray and its a bit pricey, 8 bucks, never seen it any cheaper. good luck

14. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Scott.... I think that most of the bigger cats are caught near mid day... from what I have seen heard over the years.... now flathead may be differnet... but with the sun high in the sky.... its easy for a cat to see something on or near the surface and come up and snatch the fish....Some may differ from this idea.... Just my opinion...

bayrunner Ray

15. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC Gavin, Its a Great place !!!

16. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "I have done the same thing"! & "It works great"
    :wink:

17. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Vanilla soaked with shrimp is a good one too.

18. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    I just take some shrimp, liver, chovies, clams, and WTF and just let it marinate in my shoes overnight.:smile2: J/K