Addendum to the post ................

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by postbeetle, Nov 9, 2009.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Addendum to the post below..........

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129265

Working the yard doing some pruning this PM at 2;15. Had 4 dogs with me and making noise. Saw this doe amble out the woods. Knew she was heading for those apple trees I mentioned in that other post, so I went in and got the camera. I waited till she crossed the fence and started taking pictures. Amongst the ones I took were those of her sniffing that deer scrape and one where she spotted me and skedaddled. She was a nice doe but smaller than normal for this neck of the woods. That top wire on that barbed wire fence behind her is at 4 1/2 feet. Her back just came just under the top of it. Had two bucks there early morning 3 days ago, an 8 pointer and a 10 pointer who were poking at each other. Their backs were just over the top of that that fence and again small for this area.

For those of ya that might worry about washing your clothes in eucalyptus leaves, not having sex with you wife four days before hunting and buying the best camo that Wal-mart sells, this doe came out middle of the afternoon, with me and four dogs present, snapping pictures and the wind blowing toward her. A four year old kid coulda shot this deer five times.

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Gottem in the bag ! The deer around Clarksburg WV are like that ! Wish I could aford to go HOME to hunt !

3. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Just an enviromental conditioned deer. Ones that are used to everyday noise and smells from humans, cars and the such.

4. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yepper Bowed that more than likely explains that. Also, the first shot hasn't gone off here yet. Then they disappear like a snake in the rocks of a cistern. When first morning of first shotgun season comes around I know where Obama can get 29,000 of those 30,000 new troops he is sending to Afghanistan. They are all here in this neighborhood burning up slugs.

5. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS