Adapted noodle jugs

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by Sigmar, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Sigmar

Sigmar New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well I finally got around to making a few jugs. Since I can't find white I used white duck tape, also I stuck a length of rebar in them so they will flag. One thing I did different I think is I used a cross fitting at the bottom of the jug. Theres about 65 ft of line on each, just pull off the length you want add a couple of half hitches and they should hold.

Attached Files:

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    If you haven't all ready rounded the inside and outside edges of those "T" fittings off, you may want to do so. A fish will do a lot of moving around and will possibly fray your line into or make it so ragged it's easy to break.

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Looks like they should work great, now bait em up and catch some fish after these danged blues come off the nest.

4. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    what the purpose of the "t"'s???

i just made some out of 1/2in pvc about 18 in long with 6-8in rebar inside, capped on both ends and some pool noodle on it, will this work??

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    AJ, I made mine with the tee's as well and it gies you a good place to grab the jug and also a place to wrap the line when not being used. The way you made yours will work just fine.

Heres how I made mine......... http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71524

6. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    as they are my first time tryin them i might have to look into the way with the "T"

im always open to new suggestions and a better easier way to fish

7. Sigmar

Sigmar New Member

State:
    Texas
    Weeeelll Johnny actually your design was the one I borrowed. The tee also is there to help keep the jug in place along with giving a place to wrap the line. I haven't found a place to get white reflective tape yet but going to add that as soon as I find it. Going to give these a try this Sat. at Lavon.

8. hawgman

hawgman New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hey Sigmar, I like your design. Let us know how they work. Would like to make up a batch myself. Do you run more than one hook on your lines? Looks like these will work ok for fishing multiple hooks with the weight rigged heavy to hold the line in place.

9. Sigmar

Sigmar New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well Mark I'm just going to run one or two til I get use to running them. I may get some long liners clips before I try to run more than that. I'm going to make up four of them for door prizes at the gathering we're trying to set up. Hope to see ya there.

10. TexasTerry

TexasTerry New Member

State:
    Texas
    Now I like this set up!!! Oh i'm trying this, thanks for sharing. Terry

11. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    I was able to find the DOT reflective tape at a sign shop. They have it in wide rolls and you likely can get a short piece to cut to fit. Better yet is if they will save you the scraps from a job. They don`t do many jobs that require it, but when they do it will give you a lot of the stuff to work with. Just a thought.