Acton lake

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by fishsticks, Aug 6, 2007.

1. fishsticks

fishsticks New Member

State:
    Oxford,Ohio
    I was just woundering if anyone was fishing Acton lake in Huston woods state park

2. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Ive been wondering about Acton also its just a little north of me.I used to camp up there some over 20 years ago and fish it a little it seems to me I use to catch quite a few Bullheads .Me and a freind of mine have thought about taking his boat up there sometime just dont know what the fishing is like.

3. hookeye

hookeye New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    About 10 yrs ago I lived close to the Lake and fished it 3-4 nights a week. We did real well on the Channels over there. They seemed to like Shrimp better than anything else but, we did OK on Chicken liver and nightcrawlers too. I would sure give it a shot if I still lived in that area.

GOOD LUCK!!!

4. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Bill, did you fish from the bank or a boat? What was the size of the channels you caught? All I have ever caught were small yellowbellies.

5. hookeye

hookeye New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Roger,

I fished both from the bank and boat. The fish averaged 1-3lbs with some 5-7 lbers from time to time. Fished from the bank off of the point to the right side of the public beach as well as the rock point a little farther down the lake. The point beside the beach starts out as a real nice grassy area then becomes rock as it juts out into the Lake. The side of the point opposite the beach used to have cat tails that grew real tall and extended back to a little pocket. That pocket did'nt look like much but for some reason held fish. I would clear a spot in the tails just big enough to get a cast in there.

6. hookeye

hookeye New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sorry, got kicked off line before I could finish and edit would not allow enough time.

Anyway,

From the boat we fished just to the outside of the buoys marking the beach casting both sides. Also, the bank line directly across the Lake from the beach as well as just off of the little Island down the Lake and to the right past the big rock point.

7. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks Bill, I have not seen too many people fishing there this year. I know they are dredging the upper end of the lake. Maybe that has the fish turned off. I have not had much luck fishing there for bass and crappie. I might have to give the channels a try.

8. hookeye

hookeye New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Let me know how you do.