Acqueduct,

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by catfish slick, Aug 19, 2008.

1. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    New report on the fishing in the Duct, well the moss is gone, But so are the Catfish. I went out yesterday morning and fished for three hours and never had a nibble. all I took for bait was Anchovies but when they are biting that usually is all the bait that need. I still think the copper sulfate that they treat the water with to get rid of the algae and moss has something to do with fish not biting. what do you guys think?

2. Fishermen85

Fishermen85 New Member

State:
    Cali
    really its all gone? ill have to agree because when i went 2 weeks ago fish were jumping right in front of me but no bite.

3. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Antonio, Good to meet another Johnson fellow. Yes I went back to the Aqueduct today and took me a fresh carton of liver. I fished another three and a half hours with out a bite. I don't think I am going back until we have a weather change. all Those fish Jumping out their are Carp. I had one come by feeding along the bank while I was fishing. I bet that thing was three feet long. I bet they would be a lot of fun to catch.

4. Fishermen85

Fishermen85 New Member

State:
    Cali
    ya i told myself i wasnt going to go back until i heard news from someone because driving out there and waisting gas coming home with no fish SUCKS lol, ya carp are fun to catch put up a good fight, but they are gross to eat just like eating a goldfish:roll_eyes:

5. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Antonio, I live just a short distance from the Duct, so it doesn't break the bank for me get out their to fish. so when they start biting, are I hear something I will let you know. I think right now would be a great time to Carp fish, While the Cat are laying low. hear lately I know about that coming home with no fish.

6. Fishermen85

Fishermen85 New Member

State:
    Cali
    ok sounds good bro, i live off panama do u stay in taft?

7. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    i wish the bite would hurry and pick up, keep us informed of when the bite starts heating up.....i am looking forward to some good striper action and ofcourse the catfish!!!

8. Fishermen85

Fishermen85 New Member

State:
    Cali
    i know the feeling smith lol my fingers itching as well

9. salmonslayer

salmonslayer New Member

State:
    california
    hey where are you guys talking about its not mendota is it that would just suck royally:crazy:

10. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi James, the Aquaduct is a diffrent location. We will catch some fish at Mendota James.

Jaime

11. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    No we are talking about the Taft, Bakersfield, area of the Aqueduct. I was out their last Thursday, and the moss was gone but the cats had not started biting. I can hardly contain my self, I am wanting to go fishing so bad. But I guess It will just have to wait another week, as Thursday we are taking the trailer to the beach and I have to wash and clean up and get things ready to go.

12. Fishermen85

Fishermen85 New Member

State:
    Cali
    hey slick have you heard of anything yet?

13. badams

badams New Member

State:
    california
    While driving back from Oregon to So.Ca. I saw some likely looking spots beside the I-5. It was around mile marker 71. 71 miles down the 5 from where it and the 99 merge. There was the aqueduct with a large, wide mud bottomed canal not far away and 2 smaller mud bottom ditches. Does this spot ring a bell with anyone and can you legally fish there?

14. Moonlightn

Moonlightn New Member

State:
    California
    That sounds like the beloved concrete river! I went last Friday the bite on bait (live shad) was nonexistent. I did get a couple of striper hits on lures and brought one of them home for the skillet. The striper started to bite about 5 min. after the gates dropped. I think it was about 8:30 am.

15. badams

badams New Member

State:
    california
    Were you fishing the aquaduct or the mud bottom canal?

16. badams

badams New Member

State:
    california
    PS
    Dont know why really but I dont like fishing in concrete if I can help it. Maybe its just a reminder of how too many people and so called progress have destroyed so many places and things I cared about?

17. Moonlightn

Moonlightn New Member

State:
    California
    I fish the Aqueduct itself. Most of the irrigation canals around here only hold water for a few months out of the year. Although I've heard stories of good catfishing in some of the ones that hold water year around. If the fishing in the concrete river doesn't pick up soon I may try one of them out one night.

18. Fishermen85

Fishermen85 New Member

State:
    Cali
    wish their was some canals here in bakersfield that had catfish bro lol:smile2:

19. badams

badams New Member

State:
    california
    I dont know? I figured the one I mentioned might because I saw what looked like to be a couple car loads of Mexicans fishing it.
    It was running through some kind of young orchard and with a little wishful thinking presumed they might be local fruit pickers that knew the area?

20. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    First off that carload of mexicans are people too and they were probably fruit pickers maybe you should have asked them they usually know the best spots around cause they fish to eat it...