Acne, what can I do?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Katmaster Jr., May 29, 2006.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah, I know y'all are probably getting tired of me making post like this but I man first it was Razor Burn, and now a bunch of Acne (Pimples)...they are driving me crazy! I have always taken good care of my face, wash it good at least twice a day. But I still get these things, they hurt too!

Now I got some good advice on that thread I did on Razor Burn but I ended up just giving up on shaving...LOL

But what can I do for this? I know I'm not the only one that has had the problem before. Hope someone can tell me something that might help me be able to control the darn things...some of them have a mind of their own, I got one on my forehead right now talking to me....LMAO:eek:oooh:

Zakk:confused2:

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Propecia...or however it is spelled. It is the only thing that would help my little sister.

3. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    Don't touch your face, try to avoid greasy foods.

Try over the counter acne medication, if that doesn't work, go see a dermatologist.

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Wait 10 years it will be gone:big_smile:

5. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Go See A Dermatologist, They're The Only Ones That Can Really Help.

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

And that's all we can tell you because of your age. It will go away. Don't obsess over it, that will make it worse. Phisophex? Is that the right word? Swampy, what was the name of that face scrub I had at one time and could never find again? Do you remember?

7. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Man I had the worst acne at my school from about 7th grade until 10th grade! I always worried about it and i tried anything from pills, to prescription creams, and face washes. I learned that the worry of having acne is what seemed to cause it the most. IT WILL GO AWAY. I hated it soo bad and its still fresh in my mind. You can always go to your doctor and he knows what he can prescribe you, but the stuff (4 diffrent creams) he gave me left my skin peeling like white glue and about 25 bucks a pop! All I did was get a routine for my face. Wash in the morning and before bed, every day. Don't worry about it, it will go away and no one will ever now you had it.:embarassed:

8. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Zakk, after you wash try an astringent like Tea Tree Oil. You can find a small bottle at Walmart in the bandaid section. Put some on a cotton ball, then wet the cotton ball (just a little!) It will help dry out the pimples you already have. My daughter is your age, and she uses Noxema foaming face wash. Seems like it helps keep her complexion clear.

9. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Zakk do like I said in the razor burn thread, grow a beard and cover them up. LOL. I alway used alcohol drink enough and you won't care......Oh wait that was something else, I mean rub it on the zits with a cotton ball. It will dry up the oil in that area and dry up the zit. Who ever thought we would be giving advice on ZITS on a catfish site. LOL

10. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I'm 40yrs old and still get acne. Not bad, but if I worry alot or eat sugar ie: candy, cakes, cookies, sodas, fruit juice then my face will break out. Rather embarrassing at my age. If I eat a couple of cookies my face will break out. I don't drink soda's. Curb your diet of sweets, be worry free and drink lots of water.

11. I_try

I_try New Member

State:
    Central Arkansas
    Stress is a top cause for acne, and worrying about it just causes more so try and take it easy. My girlfriend is a cosmotologist and she says most people forget that when they wash their face twice a day and use something like clerasol pads or an astringent they need to moisturize their face afterwards, if its too dry youll just have more acne. Rub some face lotion on after washing it before you go to sleep and see if it helps. hope it works:smile2:

12. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    wash with cool water when you wash it.. to much different things irratates your skin and promotes break outs...Your skin on your face makes own oils that some times triggers reaction that causes zits.. Foods greasy and spicy sugary play a small role in helping produce them also. Im a nurse and people ask the same things over and over....

13. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    All that you are going through is just part of life.It does mean that you are getting closer to being a adult.There ain;t no shortcuts,tho many still try.When times are at their worst,mentally,emotionally and physically,remember that it is a normal part of life.Every male and female adult that you see has survived adolescence.You can too.You were not given a choice in this.It is mandatory.You have my sympathy,but that is no help.Understanding and Patience is the only help,as time is the only cure for it.peewee-williams

14. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    Zak
    Try Biore' Pore Perfect Blemish Fighting ice cleanser or try Clearasil Blackhead Clearing scrub. Neither one works the first day, but if you use them on a daily basis for a couple weeks, it does wonders. I myself like the Biore' because when you put it on, you can feel it working. It not only helps pimples, but blackheads.

15. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    Zakk,

Go with a sharper razor and try for a much closer shave. It will take care of razor burn and zits. :crazy:

Oh yeah... and stop eating those Baby Ruths. They'll make ya break out real bad. :beated:

16. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Go see a dermatologist if it really bothers you. Nothing else will really work.
    That proactive stuff works while you use it, but as soon as you go off of it the acne comes right back. Puberty sure is rough...LOL

17. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    Thank God, Zakk won't have to worry about that for a few years yet. :tounge_out:

18. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    Go see a dermatolgist, he/she will help you get rid of it.

19. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    If its acne just wait a few years. It may not be though. There are certain shampoos like Dove and a few face creams that make my face break out like nobodys business. It looks a lot like acne but it inst--its some kind of reaction. It happens about the next day after I use the stuff. Not saying thats what it is, but just watch what you put on your face. Try those OXY pads. They seem to help me when it IS acne

20. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Like others have said cut out sugars and greasy foods as much as possible. Try eating fruits and vegetables. One thing I did was to take a washcloth and get it as hot as you can stand. Put it on the problem areas for as long as you can, it seems to help but nothing is foolproof.