Accidental fish catch

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Bossofbeefbowl, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Bossofbeefbowl

Bossofbeefbowl New Member

State:
    Hanover Park,IL
    I was out fishing a local pond with my 9 year old son yesterday just fishing for bullhead off of bobbers.Well I saw mine being pushed around so I set the hook.So I reel it in,decent 7 incher,which is good for this little pond.Problem is there's no hook in his mouth.A quick look and it turns out I caught him by getting him tangled up on mine and someone elses fishing line that was sitting on the bottom.Would've been funnier if I had gotten them both.

Just made me wonder if anyone else had any interesting stories of strange catches like this.

2. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    I caught an 18 inch striper once by the line and sinker wrapping around his tail when he was going for my shrimp. When I was reeling it in I thought I had a 20 Lb fish. It was cool but funny and I let the fish go because of the way I hooked him

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    welcome from another il member.

one tip. the staff will remove your avatar. the rules state it must be a clear pic of YOU. anything else is unacceptable. just there rules. so you know whats going on when its removed.

i once was snagging for buffolo at the spillway. i got a line and a stick full of tangled line. as i pulled in the line i found much to my supprize a fine tasting 16" channel cat.:smile2:

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I could never be so lucky, thanks for sharing your story with us

5. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    A guy fishing up river from had a fish on and lost it when the fish tangled in the rocks.He left right after this next thing I know had me a fish.Reeled it in an low and behold caught a 6 pd blue.Funny part was I caught it on the guys weight.Someone ran and caught him and he came back and got his rig.That was a wild catch.

6. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    fishing below milwood dam i reeled in a fishing line and when i pulled it in it had a brand new 5500 abu reel and rod on it.when i reeled in the line it had a 4 lb.striper on it.

7. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    That is a wild catch anyone claim it.

8. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I was floating down the upper James one day, throwing Rappalas for Small Mouth. As I passed a set of boulders, I tossed the lure in behind them. Right away I felt weight on the line and set the hook. After a short fight I got it to the side of the canoe and flipped it in the boat. The only problem is my "fish" turned out to be a 3 1/2 foot Timber Rattler! As he came in the port side, my fishing partner bailed out on the starboard side....fishing pole and all!

9. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I can't blame him I would have done the same thing.

10. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    One day I was bottom drifting for catfish and all of a sudden I have a small catfish on and I'm bringing it in, then all of a sudden the fish acts like it has gained a bunch of weigh. I slowly bring it in thinking maybe another cat grabbed the first one I was tying to get in. When it got to the boat I could see that a nice Ark. blue was holding onto my 2.5" float on my rig. I grabbed the net and swooped that bad boy in the boat and then continue to bring the smaller fish in. The bigger cat weighed 16 pounds.

11. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    You need to stop camouflaging your floats lol.

12. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    I've had alot of bass and bluegill nail my bobber. It reallly pis ses me off sometiimes

13. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    My buddy J.R. and I were fishing at a dam one time. he was up on a wall and I was down below him on the island. he was fishing bottom and I was using a bobber. we were baitfishing for bluegills. I seen his line take off and my bobber went under. we both set the hooks and reeled in at the same time. we pulled the same fish out of the water and had it suspended above the water in suprize. we caught the same fish. LOL