accident waitin to happen

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by gonecatn, Jan 1, 2008.

1. gonecatn

gonecatn New Member

State:
    arizona
    Uhh Ohh.......... the lamp got knocked over. I think they are bonding.

Attached Files:

2. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ahhh, they so cute!
    I bet they sleep together when you aint lookin. My dog and cat do.

I was informed the other day that when the dog goes upstairs the cat is right there rubbing all over her.
    But, when the cat comes downstairs, she acts like she is scared to death of the dog.:eek:oooh:

I think they are concocting some sort of evil scheme to take over the world!:smile2: They already took over the house.:wink:

3. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Dan, that dog is waiting for that cat. See the moisture in her nose from camera reflection? She is well aware of the game being played.

And Dan. Pretty dog, nice cat, but could you find a bigger collar for her or quit feeding her so much? Or does she drink beer with you to. If she does, just get her a bigger collar and grow together.

4. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Good looking critters.
    That pic looks like the cat is thinking, move over dog, you got my spot and the dog is nervously thinking, go for it . LOL.

5. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    i had a lassie collie that way he would let the cat around him if someone could see but when noone was looking they sleep togeather and lord help if another dog chase his cat . it was sad the day my collie died the cat disapeared and we just guessed she grived herself to death . it is funny that animals can love one another that way .

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    It may turn into WW3. Good luck.

7. gonecatn

gonecatn New Member

State:
    arizona
    Lol beetle,
    It's just the pic. I'll attach another from a different angle and you tell me if the collar is to small. I can get three fingers underneath no problem. I ued to have another weimeropinhabber and she could down a six-pack no problem. This one doesn't have a beer tooth, yet. It's going to summer and she'll get real thirsty on the boat and I just may fill the bowl with a frosty cold one and see how she likes it. heheh BTW, the cat jumped up, the dog sat up, the cat used the end table as a launch pad and never hit the floor for 5 feet sending the table to the carpet. I was laughing for 5 minutes. That's why I have them.

Attached Files:

8. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Collar in my opinion does appear to be snug. Nice looking dog though for sure.. makes me miss mine.

9. gonecatn

gonecatn New Member

State:
    arizona
    Well you guys got me thinkin I may have the collar to tight so I took it out a notch and as long as she is usually with me in the truck I dropped by my vet for a check. She took a look and tightened it back a notch to where I had it and showed me the way to check, I took a pic so anybody else not sure could see the proper tightness for a dog collar. She said because Jenny has such short hair and loose neck skin it appears to tight, but really isn't. Better safe than sorry. I appreciate the concern, it's one of the reason I like this place. ....:big_smile:

Attached Files:

10. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ok, this is a bit off the subject, but that's normal for me.
    I saw a commercial the other day for car insurance. 1 of the companies now covers your pet if you are in an accident. Insurance for the vet bills!
    Can't remember which company right now but it's on TV alot so I'll write it down next time.

Not info that will help me, my dog does not like to ride in the car.:eek:oooh:
    First time I ever had a dog that didn't like it.

Takes me to my next idea.
    I was thinkin that someday, when I have more time and money, about starting a not-for-profit organization to help animals that are in a car involved in an accident.

This is the reason for my idea. I saw a thing on TV a long time ago, it was one of those ride along with an ambulance show kinda like COPs. Anyway, there was a dog in this car that was injured from the wreck. The dog wouldn't let anyone near it, or the owner of the vehicle. They had to wait for animal control to get there, tranquilize the dog, then it had to stay at the vet for weeks while the owner recovered in the hospital.

Wouldn't it be nice if there was someone who could kennel and help your pet if there isn't anyone else? And who could be there to take them to be checked by the vet while you are at the hospital?

There are many senerios where I think it would be helpful, someone to get the animal to family members, but I think you guys get the idea.
    What do ya think? Good idea or bad?

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Dan you are a good pet owner! My hats off to you cause you have animals best interest well served! Reps to you!

12. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    youd never see that at my house haha

13. gonecatn

gonecatn New Member

State:
    arizona
    I've only had Jenny 2 months (she's 4) and I don't think she was ever in a vehicle. Talk about awkward and clumbsy, her head was on my lap 90% of the time stretched over the center console for balance. She goes in the back seat now. She sits with her butt on the back seat and front paws on the floor with her head sticking out from between the seats next to my head in the front.

Allstate does not insure dogs and when I asked I think I heard him laugh, but I'm not quite sure. She's got all her tags so I would hope if I couldn't respond they would take her to my vet who does boarding too. Your Idea is kinda like the red cross for dogs ( I could see two white bones on a red background for the logo....heheh). You could work in concert with the humane society and have foster homes lined up to keep dogs until the owner could take them back....sounds like you got your work cut out for you. Wonder how much is tax deductable?