Access to canadian around newcastle/tuttle?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by soonercat, Apr 14, 2006.

1. soonercat

soonercat New Member

State:
    oOklahoma
    Hello fello fishermen, I was wondering if any of you guys and gals might know of an access point to the river around newcastle/tuttle area.I bought land out there and haven't found access yet, any info would be appreciated.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Gee. I wasn't even aware the river ran out there, but I guess it does as we cross it on I-40, just about at the county line. I, personally, didn't think the river had that many fish in it... seems like it makes a stop at overholser and the fish would also. But, I don't Know.

3. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Man, Ive been on that side of the river a couple times looking for access. All I can find are the 44 and 40 bridges. You aren't to far from the Washita. If you looking for cats the Washita is probably a better bet. As far as the S. Canadian if you dont like those two bridges then you'll probably have to buddy up with a land owner.

Lawrence, I believe he is refering to the S. Canadian.

4. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Years ago, I used to spend summers with my grandparents in Newcastle. They live just south of town, about a half mile off the highway. I wish I could tell you the road that they lived on, but I'm just not sure. Anyway, when you go south out of Newcastle (maybe a mile?) you can turn and go back east on a paved road. That road runs nearly directly into the river if you follow it far enough. Where the road ended by the river, there used to be a gentleman who would allow me access to the river. Of course, I was just a little kid at the time, and the fishing wasn't what I would call terrific. We did catch a lot of fish, just nothing over 4 or 5 pounds. Anyhow, you may drive down there and hit that fella up..... he might let you give it a whirl.

Jerrod

5. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    When I was in my teens I would go to Newcastle for a couple of weeks each summer and stay with my sister. Her husband was the pastor of Newcastle Baptist Church. They were there 11 years or so. I have several friends there that I ain't seen in a long time. This thread brings back some good memories.

ST

6. soonercat

soonercat New Member

State:
    oOklahoma
    Thanks fellas, i wasn't sure if there were a lot of fish in that stretch of river but its drove me crazy crossing that bridge daily and not being able to get to it. Sounds as if the washita is going to be a better bet,any info on it would be helpfull thanks