AC/DC.....For Those About To Rock.....

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Esox Hunter, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    .......Then GET READY TO!!!!!

Yup, I noticed that there's LOADS of rock fans on this site & it gives me great pleasure to announce that AC/DC are gonna be touring again for the first time in EIGHT years this autumn.

The next album....(BLACK ICE) hits the shelves on October 28th & the world tour kicks off 3 days later on Hallowe'en in Chicago. As we speak, the band are in London filming a video for the first track release which gets put out at the end of this month.

There's not much detail yet, but there's more HERE.

2. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    We salute you

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well even bald they rock. but old bj lol. Brian Johnson is getting a lil gravely in his voice. but ide buy a ticket if they came close.

FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK............................................FIRE!...........................................................WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SALUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

this ones for you mike. you taught me to embed these vids anyways.

[youtubevid]bfhu6PqEkl8[/youtubevid]

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I saw them live win bon scott was the lead singer, I liked him much better than the guy who replaced him.

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well this edit crap stinks lol

ill type it again.:angry:

well it would be good to see the origional drummer (nothing against chris slade) featured in the video but ive heard phil rudd is back since his departure during the begining of flick of the switch, when they parted ways after malcom and rudd got into phisycal confrontations. mainly due to rudds alcohol problems.

though slade took the band through lp's as blow up my video and ball breaker. rudd seems to fit the band much better.

and old bj lol brian johnson is getting a lil like elvis in his older days he still has those boiling oil pipes in his lungs.

ide buy a ticket if they come close for sure. grew up on budweiser and ac/dc. guess thats why im screwed up.lol.:smile2:

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ok. anyone notice that really follows ac/dc. the drummer changed, angus went from short to long to short to long hair. getting bald a lil now. brian johnson cant scream a note for 7-8 seconds like he used to.

but malcom young looks just like he did in 1976. hair and all.:smile2::wink:

actually im wrong. rudd did play with the band during ballbreaker and stiff upper lip.

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    though jack we cant agree on most things i will agree with ya on this one. bon scott had a hell of a voice. brian johnson fit the band after he died but scott. he was ac/dc. wish i had been old enough to see them live while scott was singing. heres one for you. if ya even see it,lol.

[youtubevid]UMjeV3j7Dzs[/youtubevid]

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the update, should be interesting

9. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.

What I always found Ironic about that is despite the fact that the band always "bigged-up" the Australia theme & background.....Phil Rudd is the only genuine Aussie in the band. Bon Scott (RIP) & the Youngs are from Scotland, & Cliff Williams & Brian Johnson are from England, (Essex & Newcastle-Upon-Tyne respectively).

Still, it makes no odds to me, i'm just looking forward to seeing 'em.

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    dam% straight.:wink:

brian is the son of an english coal miner. maybe thats where he got the lungs boiled in oil to get that dern voice. shame to loose bon. but brian fit the bill.

mike. i just started a new thread in the HI for headbangers. cause some vids are adult content,lol. post our favs. not sure how close on age we are but any how i like to hear new tunes.

11. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    i find that the best way to listen to them is with the volume ALL THE WAY UP :big_smile: :cool2:

12. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Things aint changed that much I see, I got an 11 yr. old that thimks the same way!:wink::smile2:

I'm just happy he likes ACDC instead of that rap crap!:big_smile:

13. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    I agree with that Kat I have a 12 yr old daughter who prefers KISS and Ted Nugent and such to rap and all this new garbage.All of her friends think she is weird I just hope all the boys do to for the next oh 8 yrs or so lol.

14. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Good old AC/DC! :big_smile: Gotta love them guys! I just went and dug through my concert ticket scrap book and found ticket stubs from 4 AC/DC shows I attended. The 1st was the 1979 Highway to Hell Tour, Ted Nugent was the headlining act and the Scorpions opened the show. Myself and my buddies that went to that show made our way right up to the front of the stage, my ears rang for a week :crazy:! Also have stubs from 1983, 1986 and 1998. My daughter wants to see them so I will probably buy tickets if they hit Pittsburgh! :cool2: Its A Long Way To The Top If You Want To Rock And Roll!!!

15. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.

Scott:

You may consider getting those stubs valued bud, they just might be worth something......especially the "Highway To Hell" one.

16. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My brother and I hit every AC/DC show at Market Square Arena in Indianapolis from "78" to the last one they had there before they tore it down. Had alot of good times campin out at MSA waitin to get tickets back in the day. Things were alot different back then. :wink:

17. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio