ABU'S-Collectors ITEM'S

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Flamekeeper, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Bro's...Look at your reels;
    I just talk to one of the biggest ABU dealers in Ky. and he was telling me that the Sweden made reels are being made in different models and colors with very limited supply of each 800-900 making them ( each )a desirable collector item.. I'm working on getting a list from him soon. Should see him in the next week or so.

As well I asking him about the morrum's ;and found out that the M7700CL That I have is among the top of them ; He just sold one for 600.cash and raffled one off for over 1000.:crazy:I told him I had one in almost mint condition on a Fenwick at home. He looked at me and ask if I wanted to sell it,,I just laughed and said I have the original cover-bag and Box with wrench,oil and all the extra little wind age weight's..again he ask if I would sell..Nope; Bros I held my ground.I'm keeping this baby..:wink:
    Got home unwrapped the little bag and took it off the rod; I'm going to clean it just a little and put it back into its box and put it up..Heres some Pics of it just off the rod.I'll post more about the sought after ones asap,

Attached Files:

2. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    As you can see from the pic's I keep my gear pretty clean ,this reel is about 10 yrs old.. Heres a couple more;

Attached Files:

3. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    This is the last 1..

I do remember him saying; thats why you see all the colors of certain reels and then you cannot find them;;And he right on that point because I've looked for certain reels and could not find it.

I know I will be looking at all the reels :big_smile:and keepeing most of the ones I can get,just in case.:big_smile:

Attached Files:

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Nice reel Kenny! Sounds like you got valuable one there! :big_smile: I noticed about the different colors being limited. Smart marketing stategy! :wink:

5. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken

Yeah Boy,thanks, I noticed that too, you would see one then go back and they would be out and another would be in its place.
    Benny was'nt kidding man..he was dead serious; If you get a chance to get one or two reels,.I would,,He never said when they were going to stop doing that..I going to try to get a list of the most sought after reels from him.:wink:

6. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thanks Kenny,You Sir Just Made My Day!!! Ya See I Own Two of them Bad Boys.I have them mounted on E-Cats Pro Select#4s.I Had to show this post to the little Lady Because She thinks I have To Many Outfits Already(Around 100 or so) I like You Bought My First one about 10 years ago.Got it form Pure Fishing up in Okoboji Iowa.The Second one I bought off E-Bay a copple of years ago,I Paid 375.00 dollars for it (A Steal)It is also Mint condition.I Can remember asking the Wife Honey Spot Me $200.00 There is this Reel I want to buy and I only have $250.00 Dollars Rat Holed and Its not going to be Enough to get Her Bought.I cant remember Her reply right off but it was something like when Monkeys jump out of Her Hind End and run down Main Street,LOL Man the auction was just about to end and I REALLY had to do Some Begging (Please Baby Please) The Things a Man has to do Sometimes RIGHT. any way I waited tell 20 seconds before the Auction ended and Shot the Works,Bid $450.00 dollars,The Wife just about had a Heart Attack. You Crazy Old Coot, You Bid HOW Much. Man that 20 seconds seemed tile a life time, Bingo I won the Reel, HOT Dog,Hot Dog!!!! She the little Lady diden't talk Much for the next 2/3 days let alone Cook. LOL But It was worth it. J.D.

7. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Wow..thanks for sharing your reel stories. I think I'm gonna hit garage sales etc with the wife every so often. Ya never know, I might run across something good. In the past year or two I have started learning a lot about old reels and such. Since I've never collected anything I thought why not reels.

Thanks for the story and inspiration.

-Jim-

8. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken

Attached Files:

9. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    I almost forgot John,,Having that M5600C, puts a smile on my face as big as the one you have:smile2::smile2::smile2:

God Bless Bro; and great fishing this year

10. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thats a fine looking reel right there

11. Defender

Defender New Member

State:
    Hastings, Nebraska

Hold onto that reel. I don't figure it's going to lose any value at this point.

12. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I've seen the smaller abu 54 spinning reels go for almost $100 on ebay

13. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Bought a older Gracia at, flea market. last sat. black or real dark blue, faintly can make six out on side. Has made in Sweden stamped on plate anyone know about what when or where, about this reel, and if its a collector .
    Jim

14. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Got a pic? is there any other numbers than 6 on it? what type handle ( grips ) does it have?

15. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Kenny I'm not real good posting pic. Just thought someone might have idea,
    I don't think its very valuable.
    Has SIX on side and about same size as 5000 or 6000. only thing caught my eye was made in Sweden.
    probably clean and oil and Set it up on a pole might use it or let it set, I'm like every body else got more than I can use. kind of like a trapper, never got enough traps but always got some to trade or sell.
    Jim

16. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    If it's spelled out six, it's a nice reel but it's not a collectors piece. I bought one new in about 85', or 86'. I dont know much about the morrum series. but i know ambassadeurs pretty well. the ones that bring in the most cash are the older versions with the knobs on both sides. Mid 70's and older) the green 5000d's, and 5500d's,5000c, 6000, 6000c, the really old ones 1750, 2050 etc, with the ivory, are pretty pricey. the high speed versions 2500, 4500, 5500, 6500. I seen a mint 5000 cdl (custom deluxe limited) black with 24k gold instead of chrome go for about 2500 bucks on e-bay this winter. this was never used. in a mahogany display case with accessories. another rare find, a champaign colored 5000d some reels they made limited colors in, or small production runs are priceless. keep in mind how many of the limited reels were made and imagine how many were used heavily. so not many mint condition pieces are left. I've been watching the market, and learning about them for a couple of years. it's pretty interesting to find out how many different versions of the same reel were made. I have a pretty good idea what to look out for at garage sales now. so does everyone i know that goes to garage sales!! lol. I tell everyone, if it's an ambassadeur with 2 knobs or it looks old to you. buy it, and i'll buy it from you wether i want it or not. could be a priceless piece, or parts?? the boxes by themselves sell for good money too. if it's a sought after piece, and it's in decent condition.

17. stone

stone New Member

State:
    CA
    Hi i got a couple of smaller and larger sized CDLs, any idea what should they sell for? psychomekanik, do you have an email i could communicate with?

18. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Take pictures of them, and post them here. I'd like to see them. are these reels the ones trimmed in gold? you can message me through here anytime..just click on my name and send me a p.m.

19. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i have a 5000D IT WAS MY FIRST ambassador i ever got and ihave a 5000c too