Abu work horse

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by g.kempf, May 22, 2007.

1. g.kempf

g.kempf New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I was wondering if anybody had a abu work horse. I picked one up this weekend at the pure fishing outlet store for $18 It is a 7' heavy action and it is rated for 20-60 pound line. I figured for 18 bucks I couldnt go wrong.

2. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    My buddy has two of them and they are awesome rods. Can't find them anywhere around here at all. You got yourself a heck of a deal there.

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hay Gary,That outlet store is the BOMB!! If I lived Closer I'd Be BROKE all the time. And Yes that rod will put um in the boat! GOOD FIND!!! J.D.
    P.S.
    I'll give You $20.00 Dollars for it and pay the shipping.How could a Man pass up a Deal like That??? LOL.
    :beat_shot:

4. g.kempf

g.kempf New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yeah I wish I would have brought more money with me when I was there they had a real heavy rod with a abu 7000 on it for 82 dollars, I cant even find a 7000 by itself for under that.

5. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    wheres this place at guys im from indiana but think i need to venture over and see this mecca of fishing lol

do they have a website

6. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.

Yes they have a web site. I think it's purefishing.com

7. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    I had one of those rods in my hands. They maybe discontinued them now? I can't find them anymore. That rod was super stiff. Too stiff for circles. You find weird deals in that store. Mostly not what you want on a given day. The last time I was there, I got a lifetime of snap swivels for $12 or something silly. Bags of the big crosslocks for $3 or something silly like that. You gotta buy the 7000's when you see them. I found one there all boat rashed for $50. It was the only one I have seen there though. I've never found a spool of superline there that was full enough to be a real bargain. I wish I could but I haven't seen a clue of it there. I did pick up leader material last time I was there.