Abu revo?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by pappy3, Aug 14, 2007.

1. pappy3

pappy3 New Member

State:
    texas
    Has anyone tried the revo stx? I read that it has 24lbs of drag and that is more than the shimano 700 calcutta! I am thinking about this reel for its versatility for strippers and cats. What is yalls take on it? thanks pappy3

2. BigB

BigB New Member

State:
    Van Buren, Arkansas
    i recently bought the stx and i really love it for BA$$fishing. it cast very good but i dont think it would have enough line capacity if you hooked a trophy striper or catfish. it only rated for 140 yards of 12# test. but for a small reel its built rock solid.

3. pappy3

pappy3 New Member

State:
    texas
    Thank you for your reply! I am going to be using power pro string on it and you can use a 50lb test string and still have a small diameter! I use this on all my reels and really like it! I will match it up to a 7.5 ugly stik with trigger handle. I am glad you like it ,have you tested the drag to see if you can get 24lbs of drag? Thanks again pappy3

4. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey, if you get one and decide you don't like it, just send it to me and I can dispose of it for you. Don't like fellow fishermen to be unhappy with thier equipment!

5. Guthooked

Guthooked New Member

State:
    Ga
  6. pappy3

pappy3 New Member

State:
    texas
    GEE gut now after reading the review I am drueling at the mouth!! I have 2 big penn reels , I have 2 shimanno spinn reels on 10ft poles so I have enough to keep me busy on the set poles. I like to hold one pole with a j hook or kale
    hook in my hand just for hrinns and giggles! I usualy fish it in a different spot rigged in a different way, I don't know why but that is just me!:big_smile: thanks for the replies guys and even if I don't like the reel I will learn to like it for that kind of money:smile2: pappy3

7. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Since its introduction, the Revo has become very popular on the Texas coast with speckled trout and redfish fisherment. Its one of the best new reels Abu has introduced in years.

8. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've been drooling over them at BP since they came out. I gotta have one now!