abu reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by yellingrebel78, Dec 8, 2009.

1. yellingrebel78

yellingrebel78 New Member

State:
    georgia
    Ok I got a ambassadeur reel need help with. It say on it ambassadeur six and that it it is black to I look around and have not seen another one like it.Is it the same as the 6000 just in a older version or is it a speacial edition reel. I know it is a good reel the inside not the same it has a three bearing system and the drag not the same as the other's . I bought it used at a pawn shop like I have with a few of my ambassadeur. I f you need I can get some pic and the serial num. off the reel. If anyone can help just let me know yall seem to have better luck finding out stuff about them I love them but I can't find no info.

2. FATDAD

FATDAD New Member

State:
    Mount Sterling,
    I AM NOT SURE ABOUT THE SIX BUT I BOUGHT A SEVEN C AT A PAWN SHOP IT IS THE SAME AS A OLDER 7000 AND THE PARTS LOOK LIKE THEY WILL INTERCHANGE THERE IS A SIX ON E BAY RIGHT NOW . I THINK THEY ARE A CHEAPER VERSION OF THE 6000 OR 7000 THEY ALSO MAKE A 8,9,10 I THINK MY WAS MADE IN MID 80"S:big_smile:

3. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Over the years Abu changed their drag system several times.If you have a shop close that has parts they may be able to match what you have.
    Jake

4. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken