Abu record rcn high capacity

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by flathunter, Aug 28, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I own many abu reels, from pro rockets to big game series, as well as c3 and c4..

I consider the record 60 to be my best reel, I can cast it about 15 yds longer than my other aby reels, and it has more features, like a bearing supported level wind, which makes reeling in super smooth..It also has the carbon matrix drag, and a power handle.

If you get one make sure you get the 60 model in high capacity, it has the same capacity as a 6500...If you just get a model 60 and not the high capacity spool, it will only hold half the line.

This reel is just made solid, and is a sweeded reel, and well worth the 160 dollar price tag.

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Ditto on what Jack said!! I picked up a Record 60 high capacity last year and it is a sweet reel,Smooth and cast a country mile. Sorta like the old adage (Ya get what you pay for). Hay Jack you going to show Rolo where Zeeks ass went through the rye??? when you two go on your fishing trip today??? LOL, Stick a Pig Buddy.:wink: J.D.

3. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Same here. I have an RCN61HC (Lefthand) and it is great. Very smooth, casts real well, and the power handle is nice. A lot of features that would run some money to upgrade another reel to match. I was lucky enough to find one of these for $149 and then also got $20 rebate from ABU. A great reel for my $129.00! I have it loade with 30# test Berkley Hi-Test in Electric Green and currently on a Berkley 7' glowstick. I've ordered a Pro Cat Series Rod and it may go on that when i get the rod. Anyway, the Record reel is, by far, the best round baitcast reel I have.

4. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    I agree with Jack I bought the reels when they first came out at a 140. a piece. Well made and they will cast, I did add one more bearing on mine where they have a bushing on left side of spool.

5. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    yep, The RCN 60 HC, Is the first reel I grab,,I have 2 , but sure wish I had bought a couple more when bullfrog creek went out of business.:wink: They had a close out sale going on and I paid under 120 each:big_smile: