Abu Pro Rocket

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by slikk03, Jul 8, 2007.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    I GOT AN ABU CS PRO ROCKET IT CASTS LIKE A DREAM I WAS WONDERING IF THE DRAGS WERE GOOD ON THIS REEL DOES ANY BODY OWN THIS MODEL

2. Douglas Foster

Douglas Foster New Member

State:
    SW Oklahoma
    Howdy Slikk, I have a 6500 and 7000 Pro Rocket. Abu also makes the Pro Rocket in the 4500 and 5500 sizes, but you don't see them offered for sale very often. They are also making the Pro Rocket in the new 7000i series, which is suppose to have the drag upgrades. Rocket is a good name for these reels, mine will throw a lonnnggg way. Doug

3. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I believe all the rockets had the upgraded drag washers. I've got the 7000 CS PRO Rocket, and the drag pulls smooth like the new ones.

I agree also that the Pro Rockets are the best casting out of the box reel they make!!!!!!!!!

4. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    I LOVE THE CLIKERS ON THEM I THINK THERE A STRONGER TYP THAN ON THE C3 AND THE OTHERS

5. Captain Ahab

Captain Ahab New Member

State:
    Owensville, MO.
    I bought 2 of the Abu Garcia 7000 ICS Pro Rockets earlier this spring and put them on Surge Trophy Catfish rods. I really like them! They cast great and the drag is super smooth!

6. biggen0_8

biggen0_8 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I've got a 6600CS Pro Rocket and I love it, it casts like a dream and the drag is great. I wish I would have got another one of them instead of a lever drag. Oh well