Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Abu Pro Rocket "Catfish"

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Flamekeeper 
#1 ·
Anyone have the inside scoop on the newly advertised Abu Pro Rocket Catfish model. What size, color, delivery date, etc. I'm a sucker for anything with the word "Rocket" on it. Oh, I hope it's red, or blue, or green! Rocket power! I can't wait! Doug

#4 ·
Bro's I could not take it..It being a NICE! BIG! PRETTY! 7000 iCS series :eek:oooh:,I had to go back and purchase one, going to send off for the free jacket tomorrow.:wink: i'll post some good pics of it when it comes in.:big_smile:

I have a Morrum 7000 CL and its one heck of a reel//Its put up now.( collectors item ):cool2:

#6 ·
Heads up on the new catfish rocket;;; write this info down, because this is the only place to get it Bro's

Their is another new one coming Bro's:wink: I got in touch with Jim Burrows of Pure Fishing, Inc.

This is his reply,...........

Kenneth,

There is a Custom made International Catfish CS Rocket which was ordered
as a Custom Make-up and when received this December will be exclusively
be distributed by Pan Bait Co, in Pana, IL. John Downs is the owner of
Pana Bait and can handle your needs...Pana Bait Companies phone number
is 217 562-4122.

I have also copied John at Pana so he will be looking forward to your
call.

Jim Burrows
Pure Fishing, Inc.
So...

I contacted John and its been in the ordering process for 6 weeks now and he does not think they will be in untill Dec:

Some spec's on the reel; 245yds/14# - Clicker? I think he said it does have one. and the price of this baby is only, $124.95:cool2...

I just called him back and tried to place a back order and have it shipped when it came in ,But he said they have a pretty good load of them coming so don't worry,just call me then and place your order. ITS A DONE DEAL..:smile2:

#9 ·
Doug

Go to the Catfish Connection website. They have the Catfish Pro Rocket listed, but with no info yet. They also have a "Green Cat" Abu listed. I guess when they get them in the website will have the picture and specs listed. I am also a fan of the Pro Rockets, I love casting my black and gold 6500 and 7000 Rockets. Catfish Connection is also selling the Blue Yonder CT Model which is also suppose too be a great casting reel as long as you can handle a non level wind reel.

#10 ·
Is it a c3 for that price
(Custom made) International Catfish CS Rocket which was ordered as a Custom Make-up .( Specific Designed Order )

Catfish Connection and the others must order from these guys or something??
If they have the same reel coming , because this reel isn't available yet..i'll see what one looks like in person in Dec: :smile2: Better than that I'll go check it out on their site..

#15 ·
#19 ·
I have the 7000 iCS . I love it. I particularly like the lever for the free spool over the button. The reel is super smooth with a great drag system and the power handle rocks.
Bro I could'nt help myself,I ordered mine the same night,and I received this last night in a email from them,

( Your order has been shipped.Ship date: 11-08-2008 ):smile2::cool2:I'll see it Mon-Tue.

I was looking at the 6600EXT before I bought the iCS..Was thinking about it just a little while ago and said what the heck , so I went ahead and ordered it too. Here it is,click on the pic of the 6600 and you will see the wide spool, I'll be set on my reels for awhile, unless I want to make a matching set:smile2:.

http://www.tackledirect.com/abu-garcia-ambassadeur-ext.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.