Abu parts

Discussion in 'Reel Repair and Upgrades' started by three_rivers, Oct 18, 2005.

1. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    On the reel handle on my abu 6000, the nut cover and screw is missing. Anyone have one of these that they want to part with?

2. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    I'm gonna have to buy some myself.Mike's reel repair has them for 1.16 each .The screw is 1.61 so I say get the screw somewhere else.I usally keep a junker around ,but I don't have a spare nut lock(Cover) sorry :D

3. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Danny I'd love to help but I don't have any extras myself seems like the nut lock is the first thing to go off My junkers lol

Has anyone come up with a way to keep the screw in place so Ya don't lose the dad gum things?

I've tried a drop of blue locktight on a Q-tip and then put a small small small bit on the screw threads. Stayed in all summer but I havn't tried to get it apart yet for cleaning and lube. I will try soon and let ya all know.

4. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    I use the blue locktight on mine also,then when it's time to take it apart for cleaning,i use a small soldering iron to heat the screw a little and it backs out with no problem.

5. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    sounds good man I'll try that soldering iron trick on mine. I was concerned about never being able to get that screw back out so I only "locktighted" one old reel. Had to tighten up the screws on all the others a couple of times.

6. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    Hi Danny. There is a fancy gold one on ebay for $2.90 shipped. Take a look at Item number: 7192325033. If you are losing the screws from the cover take it to the hardware store and matchup a lockwasher and a screw just a little longer. Abu

7. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Guys i broke down and went ahead an ordered a few already. I also used locktight on the rest of mine. With the right screwdriver they break loose alright. After loosing that one i took one and put locktight on it and let it set a week. A good screwdriver is a must!

Still if anyone has one i'll gladly take it off hour hands! I am also interested in powerhandles if anyone wants to part with them.

8. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    I purchased an Abu Garcia power handle for a 6500c3 and it wasn't long before the original handle was put back on. Didn't care for it on the 6500. Feels more natural on the bigger 7000 series but I could still do without the hard plastic handle. I like the spongy grips on the 6000 series better.
    Abu