Abu garcias bg 10000

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by cumberlandcat, Nov 11, 2006.

1. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Has anyone bought an abu garcias big game 10000. I bought two yesterday. Seems to have a good feel to it. Just wondering if they cast well or not with a skippy on them. I have never had a bad reel made by them so I am sure they will do just fine.

2. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Chris,
    I own one 10000 and a 9000 (same reel with a narrower spool) I caught the Blue in My avatar on the 10000. pretty good reels, and cast pretty well I have mine mounted on a 8'custom rod that is pretty stiff.

If You are wanting to get extreme casting distance out of one I would mount it on a 10-12' rod.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My father in law has a 10000 and he loves it but he cautioned me that if i got one to start casting with the brake set a little tighter than normal because they are so much smoother and faster than the smaller abus

4. cumberlandcat

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks guys I was pretty sure I would get some good feed back on these reels.

5. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Bud,Iv got the 9000 and it is the same thing just not as wide and Iv got it on a 8' custom rod allso,It is one of the smoothest reel's you will EVER find! I cant wait to get 1 or 6 more.they are that nice...

6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    In my opinion you cannot go wrong with any reel Abu puts out. The 9's and 10's can pack on way more line than a 7. The 10000 will hold all the line you can cast and another 300 yrds. Take that bad boy out and catch us some big fish, we need pictures. I've always wanted one since my first 7000 but didn't ever get one. Let me know how it works out for you.

7. cumberlandcat

State:
    Tennessee
    I went out and used them yesterday, wow what a set of reels. I got 80 lb. braided on them and it cast like a charm. Caught a 20lber. on it and my new glowstick rod. They both handled very nice. Now I want 6 more combos like this.

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Abu Reels are a good product! I own a Abu 6000 and I have Abu 5000 one series reel on order.

9. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City

Now if you really want a smooth Abu reel. check out the Big game 7000 Lever Drag. once You cast one of these you'll never look at that 10000 the same, not that the 10000 is a bad reel just the 7000ld is a BUNCH smoother. 2 BB in the 10000 Vs. 4 in the 7000LD

10. cumberlandcat

State:
    Tennessee
    I may try one. How much line do they hold? I don't know that it matters to much When you have a 3/4 lb chunk of skip jack on the end of your line anyways.

11. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    They have just brought out the 2007 line of big game reels. The handle is much like the handle on a quantum cabo and i'm sure the reels are just as smooth as always. They will be black in color.........almost too nice to get slimed up.. Notice i said almost. :wink:

12. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
  13. cumberlandcat

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks it looks like it is the only one that has 4 bb's in it. I might give one a tr ynext time I am at bps.