Abu Garcia's 7000iC3 Ambassaduer

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by DemolitionMan, May 13, 2007.

1. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    I gotta "ignorant" question to ask and a complaint.....What's that little teat on the abor of the reel????? Anyone know????

I've been on Berkley's site and Abu Garcia's site and surfed for information on reels and line....It's a shame that these big companies are only concerned about selling something and not providing info to existing customers....This really gets under my skin....I was searching for the answer to the "above" question and it didn't even list a skematic for the reel.....I didn't even recieve a "decent" operating manuel with the reel I got at Cabela's in Dundee, MI.....Oh well, I'm through gripeing now.....Have a great day.....Dwight

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dwight I don't understand your question. Is something on the reel not working? I own several of these reels and have had no problem. You can go to Abu web site and run off :lol: a break down sheet. You can also E-mail them and they will send you an answer to a problem.

3. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Mickey,

Thanks for responding....No, everything is fine with the reel...I'm gonna spool line on the reel.....It's a new reel and it has what appears to be a mushroom shaped metal "stud" in the middle of the arbor...I guess you're supposed to "tie" the line to it to spool line on the reel.....Dwight

4. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    That is to catch the new line when spooling.

5. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Stormcaster,

That's what I figured....I tied a slipknot and used it to hook the line on anyway....lol....Thanks, Dwight

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    U had me going there for a min!

7. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I thought it was there to make the line lay unevenly on the spool!LMAO!!!!!!!

8. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    No, it does that on it's own....That's a first for me....Dwight

9. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    That little "mushroom" lets you tie the slickest line to it without having to use tape or backing of any kind to keep your line from slipping on the spool.I think it is great for the newer "Slick" surfaced lines.I love you Brothers and Sisters.Peewee

10. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    It's like Alfred said, it's for tying off braided line without having to use a mono backing to keep the lind from slipping.

11. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    when i bought my 7000, i had the same question and it was answered in the owners manual. i will try to find the manual and scan it for u

12. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Thanks guys,

That's the way I thought it was.....I like the idea of tying braided line with no slippage....I'm going to give the braids a try.....Dwight