Abu Garcia

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by channelcathunter64, Dec 23, 2007.

1. channelcathunter64

channelcathunter64 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i was wondering if any of you have tried the 9000i reel. If so give me review. I saw one and it looked pretty good

2. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Blake,
    I cant say about the 9000i, but my buddy just bought the 6500c4 and loves it. It casts great and can handle a big fish. I personally have four of the 6000's and am totally satisfied with those. So id have to say if its made my Abu Garcia its probably a good product. Most of there products have stood the test of time. rspd507

3. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I don't have the 9000i, but got a 9000BG last year to try out. I had been using a Penn 320GTi for snagging spoonbill for years, but when I took the 9000 apart for a comparison, discovered it was beefier than the penn. The 9000 cast easier and reeled smoother by far! Penn is no longer with me, it went by by FAST!

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Yep the 9000i is 10x better then the old 9000BG.

5. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've handled the 9000i, but haven't fished with it. I didn't count that many changes from what I saw, LOL

6. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    You really should fish with it! The changes they made to all of there reels vastly improved them.

7. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'd love to, but have way too many of the older ones. I'll have to "bum" one off of somebody to try it.