Abu Garcia Trophy Catfish collection reels 2 blue cats, 2 maroon cats[SOLD]

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by fishdealer04, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishdealer04

fishdealer04 Member

State:
    Cincinnati
    Ok I am selling off 4 of my Abu Garcia 6500 Trophy Collection Reels.

2 are the Marroon ones and 2 are the Blue ones.

I know they do not make the blue cats anymore, and I am pretty sure they dont make the marroon ones anymore but not 100% positive on that.

I will have the reels all cleaned up before the buyer gets them all line taken off. I took the picture after I just took them off my rods and I just used them yesterday so there are some scales on the handles and what not.

They are used and have normal wear, nothing major or anything like that. Please see pictures and if you need anymore then let me know. They are in 100% perfect working order. I have switched to a larger reel with line counters so I dont have a use for these anymore.

These are great reels and I know the Blue ones are pretty sought after so here is your chance to pick one up.

Price is $100 each OBO, I may consider trades for an Abu Garcia 7000.

I accept Cash and paypal and money orders. I would be willing to ship. Shipping would be about $5.

I have the original boxes for the blue cats, but not for the marroon ones. Those will be included with the reels.

Attached Files:

2. pabloracer4748

pabloracer4748 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Package deal? like 300 for all of them.

3. fishdealer04

fishdealer04 Member

State:
    Cincinnati

Possibly. I just posted them, so I want to see what will happen over the weekend. If they dont sell for the asking price then yeah I would probably do that.

4. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    man if i wasnt short on cash i would snatch those bluecats

5. charlesthecarpmaster

charlesthecarpmaster New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've been wanting one of the Abu Garcia Trophy Collection reels with the carp on the side that says "Carp Master"! I love that reel. But I have no money to buy them or yours with.

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I have a pair of 'Blue Cats' and I can vouch for their smoothness. GREAT reels!

Bill in SC

7. twincatfis

twincatfis New Member

State:
    lincoln nebraska
    ill gave you 80 for each blue cat

8. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    I don't want to screw your dealings, but I also don't want to see another member get a bad deal. I can't speak for the value of the Blue ones, being that there are not many to be found, but you can still buy the Maroon ones...brand new...from catfish connection, for $75.

Good luck anyway, though.:big_smile:

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The maroon new from CC are NOT the same reels that he has for sale. The 6500TC from CC has a 6.3:1 retrieve ratio, and they don't have the fish engraving on the side. The reels he has for sale have a 5.3:1 retrieve ratio.

BB in SC

10. fishdealer04

fishdealer04 Member

State:
    Cincinnati

Correct. They are different reels, different gear ratios as well as the engraving on the side. The ones at Catfish Connection are the 6500TC the ones I am selling are the 6500TCC

11. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    My Wife bought me a bluecat for christmas and they are some smooth reels, and can handle about anything. Good luck on your sale!

12. boomer55

boomer55 New Member

State:
    Pacific,missouri
    Do you still have these reels or have you sold them already?

13. fishdealer04

fishdealer04 Member

State:
    Cincinnati
    1 Blue reel has been traded.

Still have 1 more blue one and both maroon ones.

14. boomer55

boomer55 New Member

State:
    Pacific,missouri
    I'm still interested. If you would PM me a contact number and time to call. Thanks,

15. fishdealer04

fishdealer04 Member

State:
    Cincinnati
    Reels are pending sale!!!!!!!

16. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    OK, I don't doubt you one bit. However, that sure makes me a bit confused. When I was looking at new reels, I even had to email Abu Garcia to ask about the ratios on the TC reels. And they told me that ALL TC's were 6.3:1 ratio.

I had to ask because I was getting conflicting reports, depending on what site I went to. Some stores had them listed at 5.3:1, but CC and a couple of others, had them at 6.3:1. Garcia said CC was correct.

Now i'm confused all over again.:big_smile:

My apologizies to the seller, if I was incorrect. I was only going by what the manufacturer was saying.

17. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Ah, as in my previous post, I stand corrected and apologize for any confusion. Don't blame me though, blame Abu Garcia for misleading me.:wink:

I did not notice the TCC reference before. Still a bit weird though, Abu actually said that all Trophy Series reels were 6.3:1. I think someone at Abu should study the product a little more, before they give out info to customers.:smile2: I kept the email for a while, but no longer can locate it.

18. fishdealer04

fishdealer04 Member

State:
    Cincinnati
    Reels are back up for sale, buyer backed out.

$240 shipped takes the last 3

19. twincatfis

twincatfis New Member

State:
    lincoln nebraska
    how much for just the blue cat?

20. fishdealer04

fishdealer04 Member

State:
    Cincinnati
    Both blue cats are gone. Maroon ones are left. Throw me an offer on them or they are going on ebay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.