Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When in a W- superstore I noticed that they had a garcia reel there and it was made in China, But all of mine back home was made in Swenden. Does anyone know what is going on?:confused2:

·
Registered
215 Posts
alot of reel companys are doing that they send alot of production over seas but they still make their most expensive reels in house i know penn does that the only reels they make in house is their saltwater reels i dont like it either so if you want a reel actually made by that company you better be ready to drop a couple hundred dollars

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This reel was a wmart exclusive. Had a sticker on it that if you see the product being sold other than a wmart please call.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
From what I can tell the 6000, some of the 6500's, the 9000 and the 10000 are still made in Sweden. I'm sure some other models are still made there too, this is just what I seen so far.

·
Registered
707 Posts
my 2 6500c3 from 2 years ago have Sweden Stamped on them. But my 7000ic3 had a china sticker on the bottom of it. Didn't see till after the deal was made. I gave it a good look over and can't see any problems. Gonna have to see how she does on the water.
thanks
larry

·
Registered
296 Posts
I noticed that the wallyworld ones 5600bcx/6600bcx's are all made in china, but i did find a few black 5000's on poles as a combo that were stamped sweden, they are going for 34 bucks, didnt know if they were worth it or not. I've noticed also that those wallyworld specials are all over ebay selling for way more than what you pay for them in stores...

·
Registered
966 Posts
as far as i have heard the reels marked chine ... at least with the stickers like the 7000ic3 are assembled in china but all the parts are still made in sweden and shipped over for less expense on assembly, the ones that are stamped china are made there, at least thats what i read some where, hope this helps you

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Is there a difference in performance between the china and swedish versions ? I would think if there is no difference than it don't matter where they are made or assembled unless you are trying to buy MADE IN THE USA which I prefer if I can , but it seems harder these days to do that.
quality is # 1..A ABU dealer here at bull frog creek said that they sent that part of the company over to china for cheaper prices..:confused2:

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
ones i seen from china was a black reel rod combo. i wont buy it. rods are chinese but aint to many that arent. i will not buy an abu unless its the sweeden ones. other than the 5000 i havent seen another one made in china. if i wanted chinese ide buy a shakesphere.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I just bought one from Wal-Mart on 3-10-08, and it was marked made in Sweden. I checked to make sure. I think that, you just have to check them out. I like the 6000 better than the 6500. The 6000 has a metal line guide. The 6500 that I looked at, had a line guide made out of plastic. I like the metal guide better.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
wal mart does sell swedish abus. ive gotton all mine there. its the new combo and assume there selling the reel seprate too but not here. one i seen was black 5000. i got 2 6500 cl3's a 6600d5 and 5500 at walmart. all swedish.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.