Abu garcia rods???

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by 4/0 kahle, Aug 29, 2007.

1. 4/0 kahle

4/0 kahle New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    i was in a local shop and ran across an abu garcia ambassadour 8' med-heavy 1pc casting rod..i picked it up and man was it nice!!! and expensive!!! any one ever seen or heard of these rods???? abu's web page shows nothing of the like...
    i cant help but think about this rod with a 7000 on it....i am still thinking of buying it....any thoughts??? thanx

2. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Not sure about that particular one but a friend of my had the Abu workhorse rod and it was great. If you run across an Abu Appexx rod snatch it up its a great rod.

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Never heard of it, but I bet you can dig around online and find out who's private-labelling it for them. I suppose they could have started their own rod manufacturing business, but they'd be pimping them a lot harder if they had. Somebody is probably making them for them. Find out what company and will give you an idea of the quality behind it. Can't see Abu putting their name on junk, but you never know. Good Luck!

Branden

4. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I own 2 Garcia workhorse casting rods 6'6" MH.They're great boat rods, but I have landed many nice cats from the banks with them. I found tham a Walmart about 3 years ago. The rod your speaking of sounds sweet though. If I were you I'd take a chance with it. :008:

5. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    I have a 6'3" heavy action Abu Garcia Musky rod purchased back in the 80s. Still in fine condition today.

6. 4/0 kahle

4/0 kahle New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    yep.. i am still searching the net for info on this rod..maybe i should just ask the folks who have it,huh?? well over 100 bucks:sad2:,,,dont know if i need it that bad:confused2:

7. izzy1286

izzy1286 New Member

State:
    New York
    i just got a brand new abu garcia 6'6 baitcasting rod from wal-mart the abu garcia conolon premier and it is amazing got the rod for 30 bucks plus it an IM7 with ss304 guides and paired it up with the Diawa procaster tournament 100bl reel with 10lb berkley line and i can catch anything thats hits it. Its a great rod for not to high a price.

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've owned several Abu rods, what model was the one who saw? A few years ago Abu made a rod that was pretty decent for the price, I think it was called a Brute. Not bad for the price. I used to have a $100 Abu Pro Max Bass Rod. It was $100 7-10 years ago. :eek:oooh:

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I have seen a few in my local Wal-Mart here, They looks good to me.

10. 4/0 kahle

4/0 kahle New Member

State:
    Arkansas

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I have an 8' 2-piece Abu Brute. It was a good rod till the tip broke on it. I need to get it fixed. Not sure the price,I traded my buddy that owns the bait shop for it. I like the rod,only complaint was the glass cracked where you join it together.