abu garcia reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by fishinfreak19D, Jun 15, 2009.

1. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    ok, im about to buy a new reel and im decided on an abu from what i hear everyone talk about,, money aint an option (well just this once). and was curious what model should i buy, i never used em, but most of my fishing is gonna be in rivers chasing flatheads this summer.

2. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    I fish the river for flatheads as well. I was using an Abu 6000, but found that to be a bit small---don't get me wrong, it is one nice reel and I landed a couple 20+# fish on it, but I just upgraded to an Abu 7000 iC3 Pro rocket, which is a great reel IMHO. I would go with a 7000 series if I were you. The reel I just got listed for $199, but I got it on eBay new and in an unopened box from Poor Fish Outdoors for $129. The drag is silky smooth, casts like a dream and has a nice clicker.

Hope this helps. Good fishing to you.

3. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Good advice+you got a steal on that 7000 Pro Rocket.Congrats:wink:

4. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Nothing wrong with either one,,
    the 7000 series will handle heavier line a bit easier,, as you can get more on one..

I use 30# mono on 6500's and some 7000's, and I have several 7000's I use 50# mono on. and one 9000 w/ 50# mono..

If you use braid, you can get a lot of yardage on either one,, and , you can upgrade the drags with the Carbon Fiber, on both models..

5. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    thanks guys, orderin the 7000 tomorrow