Abu Garcia Record reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by ChrisS, Jun 2, 2006.

1. ChrisS

ChrisS New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey guys, new member here, and looking for some advice. Would anybody recommend the new record reels from Abu. I would be getting the 60 HC, and I was just wondering if anybody was using them. Thanks for the input.

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I haven't used one, but it looks like that is jsut about tthe most expensive abu reel you can get. It should be pretty good.

3. ChrisS

ChrisS New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I went and picked up the RCN60 HC model. It is the biggest of the series. The reel is solid as it gets. I think it will definitely be the predecessor of the Morrum series that was discontinued. The thing I like most of this reel is the construction of it. It is made of nothing but steel and brass, no plastic anywhere. The casting and retrieve is great. It is going to be a good reel, and I think it will become the new pillar of Abu. Just my opinion, but perhaps I am a little bias now! It is a bit pricey, going for about 139$, but well worth it. I matched it with a 7'6 MH quantum big cat rod. Hopefully I will be able to pick a few more up later on.