Abu Garcia Record Reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Tony Long, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Tony Long

Tony Long New Member

State:
    Glasgow,Ky
    My Father has just bought a pair of new Abu Garcia Record Reels and i was wondering if any of you out there have one and or what your opinion's are on this reel?They go for $159.99 and they are 6.3:1 ratio and that's about all i know about them..Any input you have will be appreciated.:confused2:

2. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i dont have one yet but have played with one thay are the best gota have one myself

3. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I've been told by a few members on here that they're one of the best Abu Garcia reels you can buy, not to mention the furthest casting. He definitely made a great buy.

4. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    They have went from these(being the top choice reel of its day)

http://www.geocities.com/heartland/lane/4448/models/records.html

Too these masterpeices today;

http://www.abugarcia.com/prod.php?k=132608&sk=132487&p=PURRCN40 (1115467)

Since I've fished ABU's all my life. I must say (Besides the Morrum Line-up)these 2- RCN60 HC, Record's I bought have got to be the best reel they have ever produced.

Long casting, smooth drag, cranking power is awesome and on the retreive guick and silky smooth:wink: Fits into your hand well and comfortable to fish with all day.They are the ones I grab first when I head to the lake..

SUPER REEL IMHO:cool2:

Oh I almost forgot;Your DAD is going to love his new reels..:big_smile:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tony Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. You have made an excellent investment in those reels. They will continue to bring great dividends for many years. You will also love the performance.

6. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    I bought two of them when they first came out, they are well worth the money. I have alot of abu's, these are my favorites of all of them.

7. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    welcome to the BOC.i have never tried them,but if their any thing like the abus i use they'll be a great reel.