Abu Garcia Record 60?

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by jdstraka, Nov 26, 2006.

1. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Well the Missouri river here in Iowa is really down and all the ramps are silted in and it impossiable to get the Lund launched, and I am haveing catfish withdrawles. so I went to the new cabelas in Omaha to buy me something or just look around. well I 'll tell you what a zoo the place was packed, I haven't seen so many people in one place since they were giving away free cheese at the senior center last month LOL. Anyway I went to the back of cabelas to the bargin cove I think they call it and was looking around and saw this abu garcia record model 60 marked down to $66.00 dollars from $139.00, it said it was used but i checked it out and it still had the new greese on the prowel and worked flawlessly.I have looked at them before but never purchased one.It diden't have a box or the manual but I don't think that will be a big deal as I can get the manual from abu if i need one. anyway does any one of the Brothers or Sisters out there Know anything about this Reel, and was it a good purchase or not? Thanks in advance, J.D.
    :0a20:

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    JD, the abu record is a pretty decent reel. not quite a 6000 or 5600, but a good lightweight reel. Should handle whatever you catch. I got mine off e-bay. Sorry, only paid $40.00. LOL

3. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    Record's are smooth operators. I like'em a'lot.:big_smile:

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dont know about the record but if its a abu its gotta be good

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    If it was a record rcn60hc Id for shure like to have one. same size as 6000 with carbon matrix drag mm mm bi$#%

6. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Good reel, great for channels and blues up to about 15 lbs. Its a bit light on line capacity, maybe.

7. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    JD you should have told the salesmen you were going to lace that reel up, attach it to a rod, and go try it out in that aquarium they got. If you could land that big ol large mouth bass, and that big cat in the bottom, it would be worth the money.

Kenny