Abu garcia question

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by ohio catfisherman, Apr 1, 2007.

1. ohio catfisherman

ohio catfisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i was wondering if i should go with the new 7000 or should i just purchase the 6500's the money difference isnt that big of a deal i will pay for for a better reel help me out plz

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    It all depends upon your fishing needs. The 7000 will have a larger line capacity and will handle heavier lines and loads. The 6500 is also a good reel. So, if you think your gonna need heavy line and a lot of it, go with the 7000. Otherwise, in my opinion, any other ABU would work. LOL

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with this post. Lawrence said it well. When you add extra line capacity to a reel you add more weight. It all depends on your needs and the size fish you are targeting.:lol:

4. Dnedster

Dnedster New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    If yoiu don't need a lot of line I'd go with the 6000 the abus cast great low cost look on Ebay got mine 4 41 bucks

5. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I love all of them, so I can't tell you which one to buy. I have never had a problem with any of mine.

6. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    My children bought me a Abu Garcia 7000ic3.
    I do believe that is the best reel I have ever owned.I couldn tell you what they paid for it but it must have been costly.
    Lots of room for heavy line
    I have had it out one time and it scares me cause I dont want to loose it in the river:big_smile:

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Both are great, But I am going to be getting me a 6500C3.

8. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    Great answer . . . all about capacity.