ABU Garcia Power Handles

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Grizdog, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Grizdog

Grizdog New Member

State:
    SC
    My wife and kids have trouble reeling in big fish on my ABU 6000 reels........has anyone tried the ABU Garcia Power Handles found on page 79 of the Catfish Connection catalog?? Wondering if they would help?

2. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've got several 6000/6500 size reels with power handles on them. They do give you more leverage if you're going to crank the fish in using the reel and not pulling them in with the rod and taking up the slack with the reel. I can see were it would be a big advantage with younger kids that don't have as much strength. I've recently found out I've got carpal tunnel and they seem to be easier to reel with than the stock handles. You can also find them on ebay for resonable also.

3. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    I put one on all of my 6500's and truly love them. Wish I had done it years ago. They will aid in smoking your drag if you have it tightened down real good but that is the price you have to pay.
    Everything has a trade off.

Cheez

4. Grizdog

Grizdog New Member

State:
    SC
    Thanks for the advice. Saved about $8 by ordering two off ebay. Will try two to start, and see how we like them.

Thanks again.