Abu Garcia Muscle Tip rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by luke1wcu, Dec 19, 2006.

1. luke1wcu

luke1wcu New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Has anybody ever used an Abu Garcia Muscle Tip rod? or know much about them? Also curious about the relevance of the length of a rod. The muscle tip rods are short but reel stocky. any info. would be greatly appreciated.
    Luke

2. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    never heard of it, but I'm sure you will get all the info you want here. Weclome to the BOC!

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Luke I can't give you any info on your rod question but I would like to welcome you to the BOC.

4. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    I never used one before but know of the rods you are talking about. They are mainly for use in thick cover,where you need to power the fish up to the top as fast as posable. They are NOT ment for long cast but in thick cover your not gonna be casting far if at all. The rod being shorter is a plus in really thich cover,but it's a - if you need to make long cast. ABU's are my choice of rods,I like them in 7 M/H with them I get the best of both worlds long cast & more then enough backbone to power a fish up in thick cover.

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Luck I have never Heard of those rods. Who is selling them,and what is the Price. J.D.

6. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Welcome to the BCO. Rod length is relavent especially is relation to casting distantance. Shorter rods generally can't get the distance of the longer ones.

7. luke1wcu

luke1wcu New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    thanks for all the replys.
    i got it from my favorite online shop.
    http://www.ffo-tackle.com/Index.cfm
    Fisherman's Factory Outlet.
    for $15.
    also: Check out the $.50 scissors....real cheap and real handy. I bought about 20 pair

search the site every once in awhile, you can find some good deals.
    they also have some good deals on mono.

so are the rods mainly used for bassin' in thick cover...ie: jigs?