Abu Garcia Line counter

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by eric2006, Oct 5, 2009.

1. eric2006

eric2006 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    2 steel ball bearings
    gear ratio 4:1:1
    Does anyone have any reveiws on these reels?? I think there around $45 new. Im thinking of buying one to put on a 7ft nite stick for boat fishing.

2. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I am an abu loyalist but heard that the cheaper models such as the one you described have a cheezy line counter system from what Ive read the counter skips often and the little rubber/plastic gear for the counter gets worn extremely fast in only a few trips. This was what I read on the reviews for the reels. I was looking towards abus for striper fishing but the Diawa Accudepth had the better for reviews for an equal price so i went for the Diawa.

3. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have also heard negative reviews on Abu's line counter system. I usually use Shimano line counters but they are expensive. I am going to try a Penn 209 Line Counter soon.

4. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Cabelas sells 2 models of their linecounters,, Depthmasters, and Depthmasters Gold..

I've used both, and, the Gold version, while a bit pricier,, is a much higher quality reel of the two.. and, While I'm an Abu fan,,, I think the Cabelas units are Both better than the Abu A20LC...IMO

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If they are only around 45 bucks new, it sounds like a very low grade ABU reel...I think I have seen the one you are talking about at Walmart...Personaly I would not buy it.