Abu Garcia 'Green Cat'

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Bill in SC, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Folks, Catfish Connection is expecting the new Abu Garcia 'Green Cat' reels within the next 4 to 5 weeks. I assume they will also be a limited edition reel like the 'Blue Cat' was. I hope the price of the reel will be in line with what the 'Blue Cats' sold for, and I hope they are a 6500 series reel. I'm planning on getting at least 4 of them, even if I have to sell a guitar to do so! :wink:
    Bill in SC

2. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    it is in fact a 6500 here is soem more info

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94011

and

POst from Kenny (Flamekeeper)

Heads up on the new catfish rocket;;; write this info down, because this is the only place to get it Bro's

Their is another new one coming Bro's:wink: I got in touch with Jim Burrows of Pure Fishing, Inc.

This is his reply,...........

Kenneth,

There is a Custom made International Catfish CS Rocket which was ordered
    as a Custom Make-up and when received this December will be exclusively
    be distributed by Pan Bait Co, in Pana, IL. John Downs is the owner of
    Pana Bait and can handle your needs...Pana Bait Companies phone number
    is 217 562-4122.

I have also copied John at Pana so he will be looking forward to your
    call.

Jim Burrows
    Pure Fishing, Inc.
    So...

I contacted John and its been in the ordering process for 6 weeks now and he does not think they will be in untill Dec:

Some spec's on the reel; 245yds/14# - Clicker? I think he said it does have one. and the price of this baby is only, $124.95:cool2...[/SIZE]

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    < and

POst from Kenny (Flamekeeper)

Heads up on the new catfish rocket;;; write this info down, because this is the only place to get it Bro's

Their is another new one coming Bro's:wink: I got in touch with Jim Burrows of Pure Fishing, Inc.

This is his reply,...........

Kenneth,

There is a Custom made International Catfish CS Rocket which was ordered
    as a Custom Make-up and when received this December will be exclusively
    be distributed by Pan Bait Co, in Pana, IL. John Downs is the owner of
    Pana Bait and can handle your needs...Pana Bait Companies phone number
    is 217 562-4122.

I have also copied John at Pana so he will be looking forward to your
    call.

Jim Burrows
    Pure Fishing, Inc.
    So...

I contacted John and its been in the ordering process for 6 weeks now and he does not think they will be in untill Dec:

Some spec's on the reel; 245yds/14# - Clicker? I think he said it does have one. and the price of this baby is only, $124.95:cool2...[/size]>

That sounds like a good one too, but I'm hopin' that the 'Green Cat' will be $89 like the 'Blue Cats' were. Wish I had bought 4 'Blue Cats' instead of 2. They are MIGHTY FINE reels!!!
    Bill in SC

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have also wondewred this, the black cat, and the blue cat were suppose to be catfish connection exclusive reels.

But I have seen both for sale by other tackle dealers, for about 10 bucks more.

Are they getting them from catfish connection, then just jacking up the price?

5. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I was in Pana Bait (Catfish Connection) two days ago asking about the new green and black ones. He told me that he had received a bill so it won't be long now. He also told me that pricing would be about $5 higher than last years. The green one will be exactly like last years blue one (except for the obvious defference in color) and anyone who owns one of those knows they are out freakin' standing reels!!