Abu Garcia "Gold" Big Game

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by ThaWstSide, Mar 3, 2009.

1. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Anybody here familiar with the Big Game with the Lever Drag System on the side? No button, just the lever, the tension knob, and a sliding clicker switch...

2. KamoKing

KamoKing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i used to have the Gold 9000 and 10000 before they got stolen. I really liked them although I cant decide if I liked the lever or star drag better. What were you wanting to know about them?

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I'm not sure what the " gold " ones are. I know they make back/gold rockets that look like the big game reels, except BG reels are black/silver. The big game 7000 is my favorite reel of all. Its a narrow spool series. Great reels for drifting too.

I'll have to look up what your talking about.

4. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have 5) 7000 big game lever drag reels, they are great !

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    the "Gold" ones are pre 2006 reels

6. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
  7. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    They make the Abu Big Game 7000 in a Pro Rocket, model 7000ics Pro Rocket, black & gold. Got 4 of em.

8. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    I am not familiar with what year what style of reel came out, I attended the Indianapolis Boat Sport & Travel Show this past weekend and seen the reel. Thought it would be nice for fighting a big cat, so I bought one. I paid 89 dollars for it, figured what the heck. Why not right? Did I get robbed buying it if it is that old?

If you would like, I could post pictures of it... I have also purchased a Shakespear Baitcaster *Tidewater(I think)*, the Okuma Red Isis, about 7-8 new rods.

9. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
  10. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    That is the exact reel, and it was new in the box. They was price marked 120 on tag, but 89 marked down for the show...

11. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I've got 2 of the gold big game 7000's. They are the high-speed narrows with star drag and power handle. I really like this reel, wish I had 2 more!

12. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Just so ya'll dont think I am crazy and can see what the reel is exactly. Here ya go, take a look.

Attached Files:

13. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 Member

State:
    Central, SC
    I have 2 just like them. Excellent reels. I would buy them all day for $80 if I could find a good deal like that.:smile2:

14. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Yea, they had cases of them at the show. I just bought 1 as other things got my attention too. I am now wishing I would have bought a couple more.

15. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I saw that exact reel at a tackle shop last week with a price tag on it of 179 bucks.

You should have gotten more.