Abu Garcia Cardinal 700/770 spinning reels review?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by johnqle, Jan 11, 2007.

1. johnqle

johnqle New Member

State:
    CA
  2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Maybe they will, it just depends on what size cats u is after.

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    John A Big ol Welcome to the B.O.C. I Don't know About the 700 series Abu Cardinal, But someone here should chime in.J.D.
    :big_smile_2:

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    In fishing fresh and saltwater for 50 + years I have found rods and reels rated for Saltwater to be generally sturdier and made of better materials.They tend to last longer in fresh and saltwater.The only Okuma reels that I am familiar with are the Coronado CD90 which is rated for 330 yards of 30 pound mono.It is a bait feeder,has Stainless Steel gears and bearings,plus the reel and the drag is sealed.It is a large awesome reel made to stand up to saltwater offshore fishing.Last time I looked for them on the internet,you could get it for less than $80.00.It does come in smaller sizes with the same sturdy build. Best of luck.I love you brothers and sisters.peewee

5. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    I have landed many fish in the 10-15# range on ABU spinning reels in the same class as the 700. The new ABU's spinning reels cast like you never dreamed a reel could cast. I use vintage ABU reels for the most part but I do have a few newer ABU's they work great but they feel a bit light to me I guess that's because I'm use to the metal case reels. If your gonna be doing lots of casting the new ABU's would be a big PLUS being lighter.