Abu Garcia Cardinal 106 opinions...

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by harper81, Apr 11, 2007.

1. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    Well even at 26yrs old I still get birthday presents from my mom and she is getting this reel for me. Just wanted to see if anyone has used it. I have always like Abu Garcia reels and this looks like it is going to make a good all purpose reel. I fish for all fish, but like cattin the most so I needed something light enough to reel in some bass and bream during they day and tough enough to pull in some 5-10 lb cats at night.

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats sounds very good, I hope to get one of those for striper fishing.

3. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    I tried to respond to your PM but I don't have 10 posts yet. I am getting that reel in a combo from bass pro shops. The rod is a 6'6" MH Bass Pro Shops IM-6. It may not be the best rod, but for $50 for the combo who can complain.

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Not bad, I been looking getting a striper rod for it, I have a Berkely Big Game but it might be to heavy for that small of reel.

5. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've got Cardinal models from the 101 to the 104. The 104 seems a little big for me for most of the fishing I do, so I've got it on one of my bass rods and it works great for that. I think the 106 would be quite a bit bigger even. If it is as good as the other cardinals I"ve got, it will be GREAT for a catfish rod. It might be a little big for bass, but with the size line you'll have on it for the cats, you won't find a bass you can't bring in!

Good luck and enjoy! They're great reels.