Abu Garcia C3 Versus Abu Garcia TC

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Bacardipr05, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Hey i was considering ordering the Abu Garcia Blue Cat TC reel 6500. I am new to bait casting reels. But reading their specs they seem almost the same. Except color and the catfish engraving. ( and of course the extra $$). Anything else I am missing. I was thinking about getting me a custom rod and matching the color.

2. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The two reels are the same except for color. They both have two spool bearings and one anti-reverse bearing on the handle shaft. I do believe though that the TC also has an added bearing on the worm gear, making it a C4.

3. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Your on the right track Angel! Abu-Garcia makes a darn good reel. As far as comparing the t3 to the c3, I believe both of them would be a great choice. Being this is your first bait-caster, you definently have to practice. Read the owners manual cover to cover. The best advice I can give you is to set the spool tension knob correctly. This knob is located on the side-plate on the reel. When you are rigged and ready to cast, hold your rod at a 45deg angle. freespool your reel and let the weight drop to the ground. If your reel gets a birds-nest, tighten the knob clock-wise until the weight slowly drops to the ground without the bird-nest. Practice casting until your comfortable with the setup and you can loosen the knob to attain more casting distance. Now with the rod, I would go with a Blackhorse Custom or a Black and Blue Custom. Even though I don't personally own one, these guys specify in catfishing and there rods are built for that purpose.:big_smile::big_smile:

Good Luck and go catch a big one!!

4. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    I would say the tc bluecat is a little better from I read with a 8-9 dollar difference. You also get a power handle, something some of the guys I fish with like. They say they hold up better in the long run, and don't bend as easy. They cost around 15 bucks. From what I read the tc blue might cast a little further than the regular 6500 C3. But then you can't go wrong with either one of them. I hope this helps you out.

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    They are both great reels and pracitically the same....I would go with the Bluecat reel for the looks and handle.

6. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Yeah reading the specs they both seem the same to me. This will be my second baitcasting reel. After the one i bought late last summer. I do like the color of the blue cat but was trying to figure out if the extra money was worth the look.

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    SAME REEL DIFFERENT COLOR