Abu Garcia Blue Cat 6500TCCF Reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Bill in SC, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
  2. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Bill, I seen that reel in the catolog, I think it is a kool lookin reel. No I haven't bought one, would love to own one myself.

If you buy one let me know how you like it. Can't go wrong with Abu.

Good luck out there fishing.:006:

3. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have a Trophy Collection Redfish reel that is one of my favorites. It's basically a 6500 with the medium, gear ratio, 4 bearings and the bait clicker. Is the TCCF a 3 or 4 bearing reel?

Either way I don't think you could go wrong.

4. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would look at the black and gold 6500CS Pro Rockets also. You can't go wrong with either. Good luck.

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sorry the first link does not work. here is another link and the specs on the reel.
    http://catalog...................com/

MANUFACTURERABU GARCIA - SWEDENSERIES NAMELIMITED EDITION "BLUE CAT"MODEL NUMBERAMB 6500TCCFSTYLE OF REELBAITCASTBAIT ALARM/CLICKERYESDRAGCARBON MATRIX (35% STRONGER)BEARINGS3 STAINLESS STEELGEARINGHIGH PERFORMANCE CROWNED BRASSSPOOLALUMINUM, V-SHAPEDANTI-REVERSEINSTANTLEVEL WINDYESPRE-SPOOLEDNOSPOOL CAPACITY245 YDS/14#OTHER INFORMATION6 PIN CENTRIFUGAL BRAKE SPOOL CONTROL,
    POWER HANDLE, TITANIUM LINE GUIDE, 5.3:1
    RATIO, BLUE/CHROME COLOR WITH ENGRAVED
    CATFISH, 11.3 OZ., MADE IN SWEDEN.
    THIS IS A CATFISH CONNECTION EXCLUSIVE,
    BUILT WITH ALL THE SPECIFICATIONS THAT
    CATFISHERMEN WANT!

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Doggonit, for some odd reason the links won't work for me. Just go to ..................com to view them.
    BB

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Really weird why these URLs won't work. It is catfish connection . com in one word. Why I cannot forward the link is beyond me.
    BB
    BTW: I have fished with Abu reels all my life. I recently bought two new 6000s. I will concur that "you can't go wrong" with Abu/Garcia

8. mustad1

mustad1 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I bought one and I will hopefully get it today or tomorrow. I also bought a record 60 and a sync reel and 3 big cat meduim action rods. I will give you all reports as to how they work. Bought the channel cat reel a year or so ago and it is awesome. bet the blue will follow suit.

9. anakin

anakin Member

State:
    Florence, Az.
    Besides the different handle, is there really anything different between this and a 6500 c3?

10. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    BILL,
    6500'S AND 7000'S ARE REAL NICE REELS I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE BLUECAT BUT IF THEY ARE ANYTHING LIKE THE ABOVE U WILL BE WELL BE HAPPY WITH THEM. HAVE SOME OF THE ABOVE THAT ARE 20 YRS. OLD AND STILL USING THEM IN FRESH AND SALTWATER.
    PEEDEE CAT

11. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Just got a 6500 tccf blue cat from catfish connection. It is sweet. the color is great other than that the same as a 6500. I have the red tccf also and it cast like a dream. you cant go wrong with it.

12. BLACK MAC

BLACK MAC New Member

State:
    Riverbank Calif
    Thanks for the link... I bought one today... can't wait to try it out!!!

:cool2:

13. BLACK MAC

BLACK MAC New Member

State:
    Riverbank Calif
    Mine should arrive any day now... I'm excited because its my first new reel in a couple of years... thanks for the close up pics.

:cool2:

14. Deuce

Deuce New Member

State:
    ohio
    I got the "black cat" model they had last year. Its the same reel just black. You guys will love it when you get to use it.....

15. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nice looking color! Abu's are great reels! ENJOY!:wink:

16. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    i havent tryed one but they sound like good reels

17. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    Have one been using it now for about 7 months. This is a very smooth long casting reel with good looks. I also use the red TCCFs have 4 of them. The Blue cat seems to out cast the reds - however the Blue cat seems to have slightly less cranking power . The difference in cranking power is not enough to make it a negative factor. With the good looks, smooth long casting ,new style rubber handle grip which I really like - brings this model to the top of the line in the 6500 series for me. I rate the red TCCFs second with 6500c3 coming in at third. Anyone new to Abu Garcia reels or even new to the 6500 model series line up won't be disappointed with any one of these 3 model types. My next purchase will be the rocket models, I have yet to get my hands on one of these- but I'm sure that it is an excellent reel as well. Many of us that have used Abu Garcia for years know these to be some of the finest reels on the market today. You can't go wrong!

18. DH84

DH84 New Member

State:
    Eastern NC
    I bought the Blue Cat reel and the Big Game in the spring of last year and i have had good results with both, i believe i like the bait clicker on the BG better though, the one on the blue cat is plastic like the C3 and the metal slide seems alot more stout on the BG... but time will tell.. both good reels, im going to buy 2 more soon and i think im gonna go with the BG's unless i decide to jump on this deal catfish connection has with the 7000 syncros marked down to $120, thats only $20 more then the BG.

any word on the 7000 syncros performance?

19. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I think the 7000 synchros are good. Gonna get 1 soon. My buddy loves his,and I love to use it.